shindou, move on

DEAREST,
AlexandriteGalaxy

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

( a little bit of kirino x reader
too bc y not? )

School had just finished, and as usual, I was on my way towards the soccer club. It had become a daily routine for me to attend to the soccer team as a manager, and even if I did call it quits a few weeks ago, the habit simply stuck with me.

I arrived at the indoor soccer field, where the team was practicing as per usual. Shindou was running with Tenma and the others, doing what soccer players do, y'know, kicking the ball around, scoring goals, all that exciting stuff.

I used to be so excited about soccer, but now, it's as if I just watch the sport to see him. Of course, like all the other times I've been here, my eyes were glued to the majestic form of Shindou Takuto.

Back then, I would be standing as close to the field as possible just to cheer for the team, but nowadays, I just stand near the entrance, observing only one person.

It was no mistake that Shindou and I were friends. We were close, and I was even closer to him than Kirino, his childhood friend. But lately, we haven't really been talking, and it was painfully obvious that Shindou was avoiding me.

Although he has every right to avoid me after what I told him. Like I've mentioned earlier, Shindou and I were close friends, were.

It's all my fault, I should've just kept my mouth shut and let him be happy with his life. I continued to watch over the energetic team from afar. I was a third year sure, which means I'm gonna be leaving this dreaded place soon and find another place to suffer in.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Flashback

"Hey, when we leave Raimon, we should go to the same high school!" I turned my attention away from my locker so I could briefly give the brunette beside me a confused glance.

I slowly processed his words, the painful aftereffects of Mathematics still affecting my brain. "Hm? Yeah sure. Where do we go though?" I answered after a short while.

It was already sundown since practice ended a little late. "Dunno, but I really want to study at the same school as you." Shindou gave me a gentle smile as we walked side-by-side in the empty hallways of school.

"Why?"

"You and Kirino have already been accepted into a prestigious college in Tokyo, which means I have a lot of catching up to do if I don't want to be by myself." I looked down at my feet as Shindou spoke.

"Well, do whatever makes you happy." Smiling, I gently punched him in the arm. He gave an offended noise which caused the both of us to fall silent, before breaking into a fit of laughter.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Oh well, at least Kirino's gonna be with me.

I didn't notice how long I was standing, until Kirino tapped my shoulder and successfully grabbed my attention. I let out a surprised squeak that made Kirino laugh. "Hey, wanna walk home together?" Kirino gave me a charming grin as he spoke.

I scoffed at him as I crossed my arms. "Ugh, get changed first and come to the gate in ten minutes. I'll think about it." I winked at him and he grinned childishly. "Really?" He asked making me giggle. "Really." I assured him.

He ran off as soon as he asked me a second time. Although what actually made me smile was how excited and childish he looked as he ran. He went towards Shindou first, and he seemed to be talking towards his friend like a child would when they brag about some gift they receive.

After a few words from Kirino, Shindou glanced towards me and our eyes met, although briefly.

As soon as his eyes met mine, I immediately pulled my gaze away, though I was unsuccessful. His brown eyes seemed to just naturally draw me in and I can't help but stare into those eyes. I looked away though as soon as Akane entered my field of vision. She smiled as she offered Shindou his towel and he accepted it. What really got to me though, was when Shindou planted a tender kiss in her knuckles while his eyes were trained on me.

( shindou- u are my bby,
but wtf- oh wait, my dumb
ass is writing you so
my bad teehee )

I felt myself unconsciously crack my own knuckles, a habit I usually did whenever I felt uncomfortable. I walked away and out of the indoor field as soon as I was satisfied after hearing my finger bones pop.

While heading towards the main gate, I couldn't help but think of the look Shindou gave me earlier. It was as if he was telling me with his eyes that he loved her and he would never see as something more than a friend. That image of him haunted me, and no matter how hard I try to push the thought to the back of my head, it just really wasn't going to happen.

I saw the main school gates in the distance, and before I could even think of going through, I heard someone yelling my name.

"Huh..?" I was about to give whoever that person screaming my name a dirty look, but then I saw Kirino happily waving his arms at me. My face softened and I smiled as soon as Kirino was in front of me.

"Hey..." He breathed out while panting from probably running too much. "Hey." I gave him a blank look as he slowly recovered his breath. "Will Shindou join us?" I asked him warily, not really in the mood to see him act all lovey dovey with Akane.

I feel like I could choke someone if I see them together. "Sadly, no." Kirino said after finally regaining his breath and composure. "What do you mean, sadly? I do believe that we should be enjoying this." I smiled.

He quickly returned my smile with one of his own. "So... There's this store that just opened up and I was wondering if you wanted to come before heading home." I shrugged my shoulders at him as I adjusted my bag strap. "So it's a date?" I teased.

His face immediately went red and my breath hitched. "Um, yeah?" Kirino sighed. "Look, I know that your heavily infatuated with Shindou, but I like you a lot, and I'd really want for us to be more than just friends." I stared at Kirino, seemingly speechless at how genuine his words sound.

"You know what? I think I want to try going out with you. I can't tie myself down to a person who already loves someone else." I chuckled as I grabbed Kirino's hand and intertwined our fingers.

He smiled towards me and sighed, as if he were releasing all of his burdens. "Alright." And he gripped my hand, afraid I was gonna leave him.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

✎ ...𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
          unpopular opinion, but i lowkey like
          kirino more than shindou. skskskskks

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃
01 / 18 / 20