anyone, the picture

DEAREST,
reader

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

A beautiful day it was indeed. A little girl with a cute H/C bob cut was playing in the park near her house. Her mother was seen chatting with another as if they were old friends.

She neared the big slide located at the middle of the large sandbox, she grabbed the ladder and started to climb up the ladder that led to the top floor of the slide.

As she was about to enter the slide, she saw a nearby bush rustle before a little boy about her age jumped out of the leafy trap.

"Ahhh! Mama!" The little boy cried and ran to the woman her mother was talking to.

The child cried and cried, as his mother tried to calm him. She scooped up the little boy in her arms and hastily bid her friend goodbye.

The girl tilted her head to the side in confusion of what just happened. She slid down the bright red slide and carefully walked over to the bush the boy got stick in earlier.

She saw a ripped piece of paper. She picked it up and held it delicately in her hands as she gently caressed the worn down photo with her other hand.

It was a picture of a family with the little boy earlier in the middle. His mother was sitting on a chair with his father standing behind the two. The boy sat in the middle, on his mother's lap as they smiled happily towards the camera.

 The boy sat in the middle, on his mother's lap as they smiled happily towards the camera

Well, except for the boy in the middle. She continued studying the picture, trying to understand whatever the photo held.

'They must be a rich family.' Was what the girl thought. She stared at the face of the boy in the middle as she felt her face slowly heating up.

Suddenly, black dots were beginning to fill her vision as everything was drenched in a pure black color.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"Ah!" The girl gasped as she woke up. She scrambled to turn on the lamp beside her as she turned to look at the sleeping body beside her.

She panted as she clutched her chest. Reaching for the drawer beneath her lamp, she opened it and found what she was looking for almost immediately.

She grabbed the photo and stared at it's worn down appearance. She stared for awhile before placing it back to where it belongs.

The next morning came swiftly.

The young adult prepared her kid's lunches along with their breakfast as well. She glanced at the photo left in the counter.

She washed her hands and dried them before grabbing the photo and looking at it once again.

"Good morning honey~" The female gasped as she felt an arm snake around her waist.

She looked behind her to see her loving husband. "Aww, good morning to you as well, darling~" She reached up and pecked her husband's cheek before looking down at the photo once again.

"What are you looking at?" He asked. "A photo I found years ago. Funny, this boy right here was probably my first love." She pointed her finger towards the boy in the middle, giggling a little at the end.

The husband's mouth hung agape as he studied the picture. "I know, funny right?" She laughed and pulled away.

That was, before her husband held her hands in his own, "You said you had a crush on that boy right?" He whispered in her ear.

"Y-yes..." The girl stammered as she tried to hide her blush. "You know, this was the same photo I lost, years ago when my mother and I went to the park."

She gasped and looked at her husband before looking back at the photo. "Y-you mean...?"

"Yes, this here..." He pointed to the little boy in the middle, "Is me."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃
06 / 23 / 18