taiyou x shizuko, 💖

sfw

18 year old, Fujin Shizuko was at the hospital, again. The reason? She collapsed in the middle of the hallway during school, with a terribly high fever. Shizuko was a girl with a weak immune system, who'd often get sent to the hospital because of it. But she doesn't hate it, in fact, she actually looked forward to going to the hospital. It sounds strange, yes, but the hospital was the only place where she could meet with her hospital buddy, someone who's been in the hospital longer than her. A boy around her age; Amemiya Taiyou. He was sick, just like her, but his sickness was something even more serious than just your ordinary fever and colds, no, Taiyou's illness was much worse.

It was the type of illness that prevented him from doing the one thing he loved the most; soccer.

Despite his illness, and the multitude of nurses that told him not to play, he still stubbornly does so. He played soccer at every chance he gets, but at the end of the day, he would pass out and the nurses would have to lock him in his room so he couldn't do it again. Shizuko knew this, yet even she would disobey the nurse's orders. She would play soccer with Taiyou, no matter how high her fever got, and Taiyou, who found out that Shizuko was just as stubborn as he is, if not, even more, would simply encourage her to play more. They would grab a soccer ball, run out on a secret hiding spot they found, and play for hours until they passed out. Taiyou's nurse, Fuyuka, would always find them, and she would bring them back to their respective rooms, like the great nurse she is.

At first, she found their stubbornness to be annoying, but as time passed by, she found herself growing fond of the two. They would play together, without ever getting tired of the other, and they played as if they were the only ones left on earth. And it continued until they were in their late teens. When Taiyou was discharged, the first thing he did was visit Shizuko, who he heard was sent to the hospital. "It's just a fever! Stop being so dramatic, I can take care of this fever back ho-" Taiyou shook his head and opened the door, only to see his childhood friend laying on the floor, face planted on the tiles. Taiyou gave the nurse a smile and she nodded her head before leaving. Taiyou put on a face mask before approaching his friend.

He crouched down beside her before he gently brushed his fingers against Shizuko's hair. He heard her groan. "Hey, Shizu-chan~" He called out. When she didn't reply, he smiled as he stood up. He lifted the girl up into his arms, and huffed softly as he noticed how red the girl's face was. Whether it was from the fever or from embarrassment, what Taiyou definitely knew was that his friend was sick, so her health came first. Teasing her should come later. He placed her tired body on the hospital bed, and tucked her in, raising the blanket until it was up at her waist. "I brought you some food~ here, what about some cream puffs? Or cupcakes? Or cookies? Ooh, my mom sure brought you a lot of sweets! Oh wait, you should probably drink your medicine and eat first... uhmm.." Shizuko stared at her friend and smiled as she watched him rummage through the bag he brought with him.

Without even thinking, Shizuko flicked Taiyou's forehead, which earned his attention. "Ow!" He cried, rubbing the tips of his fingers on the spot where she flicked him. "Just go get me some porridge, or curry, please... I'll eat the sweets when... I'm a lot better, o... kay..?" Shizuko's lungs felt tighter as she continued talking, and after she finished her sentence, she felt as if she had just been released from a chokehold. She held her throat and panted lightly. Taiyou knitted his brows in worry. He continued to watch his friend for the next few seconds, just waiting, in case anything were to happen. When Shizuko finally caught her breath and calmed down, she laid her head on the pillow and closed her eyes.

Taiyou stood up and tucked away all of the sweets he brought with him. A light snore was heard slipping from Shizuko's lips, and Taiyou knew that she was already asleep. Smiling, Taiyou lifted the blanket until it was below her chin, before he leaned down and gave her warm forehead a peck. "Sleep well, my beautiful sunshine."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

✎ ...𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
          that was short, but it was still cute as
          fuck, yeah? no? 🥺 👉👈