bernard x aira, ❤

slight nsfw

( WARNING: TEENSY
BIT OF MATURE SCENES )

Bernard hated the idea of an arranged marriage. He hated that he was the oldest child. He hated the fact that he was so weak and powerless against his mother. But the moment he laid his eyes on the eldest daughter of the Misaki family, all of his hateful thoughts vanished in an instant. Kirasaki Aira looked absolutely breathtaking, she looked as if she was taken right off a Renaissance painting. Her long, white hair draped over her back like a snow white cape, her cranberry eyes were neutral and serious, void of any emotion, yet for some reason, Bernard thought that her eyes held the slightest bit of warmth behind them. She was quiet and polite during the private gathering that included him and his mother on their side, and on the other, was Misaki Rakusho, the current head and owner of Misaki industries accompanied by the twins, Aima and Aira.

Aima seemed to be more expressive with his emotions. He was obviously distrustful towards him and his mother, and if he were being honest, he would be as well, if he were in the older twin's shoes. Aira held a guarded look for the entire night, it was quite obvious that she was also distrustful towards them. During the middle of dinner, Bernard couldn't help the sigh that escaped his lips. "Is there something wrong, Bernard?" He quickly snapped out of his train of thought. He looked over and saw his mother giving him an eerie smile. The oldest Girikanan fearfully nodded his head. Aira and Aima seemed to catch onto his fear. They knew that look better than anyone else, they should know that look more than anyone, after all, they frequently striked fear onto the hearts of many.

"Bernard, why don't you and Aira go out to the balcony to talk? Aima, behave yourself." Mr. Misaki spoke in a kind and warm tone. Hearing his voice made Bernard think about his father. "Of course father." Aira nodded politely to her father before standing up from her seat, her long, red dress swaying with her every movement as she began to make her way to the balcony. She grabbed a champagne glass from a nearby table before glancing back to Bernard over her shoulder. Her eyes were practically ordering him to follow, and out of habit, he fearfully obeyed. He strided towards her. He planned on making up for his little screw up previously, So he grabbed a champagne glass as well and joined the oldest Misaki on the balcony.

"Miss Aira-" Bernard started, but he was abruptly cut off when Aira snapped her head back to him, her eyes piercing daggers right into his very soul. He felt a shiver up his spine. "The only reason we're getting married, is so our families don't have to fight anymore. I'll be frank with you, things were better off when they were fighting. Aima and I would've taken over the company anyways, and we could easily overtake your company." Aira twirled the glass with her fingers, watching the liquid inside swish around with her eyes twinkling in interest. Bernard frowned. He knew that. He knew that everything she said was true. The moment Aira and Aima took over the company, meant that Bernard would take over the Orion foundation at the same time. The twins were incredibly flawed when looking at them individually, they had so many things missing, but what one was missing, the other had, thus, the two of them combined would form the perfect pair the business world has ever seen.

Aira could reach so much higher when she's at Aima's side, Bernard knew that in his head, but his heart refused to just let her do as she pleased. They would get married as soon as they turned 20, Bernard and Aima would take over their respective companies, and Aira would be by his side, as his wife. It wasn't the perfect future, but Bernard didn't want to live in a future where Aira was anywhere but his side. "I understand your words very well, Misaki Aira, but I plan on winning your heart in order for this marriage to work out." Bernard boldly spoke out to the white haired girl. Aira hummed in interest. She placed the champagne glass on the balcony railing, and with a jump, she sat on the railing. "Then... what if I fell right now?" She smirked, crossing one leg over the other as she slowly began to lean backwards.