shirou, into you

DEAREST,
Musical_Kid

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

You giggled. Fubuki Shirou, though unlike his usual kind and gentlemanly self, had made a joke. A joke that he told you, a joke that made you giggle then gradually made you laugh as you began to process the joke in your head.

Other students, mostly females, watched in envy as they watched you two hang out as per usual. Atsuya was off getting dragged around by Chou, so he wasn't around. The both of you continued to joke around and have fun until the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.

"I guess I'll walk you home later?" Fubuki asked as he stood up from his seat in the bench. You smiled at him and replied, "Yup!" As you, yourself stood up as well. The both of you bid each other a short goodbye before heading to your respective classrooms.

You smiled to yourself as you sat in your seat, just in time before the teacher arrived.

It had been quite a while since you and Fubuki had been friends, last you remember, you were both in your first year of junior high, when you bumped into a depressed Fubuki Shirou.

Apparently, he was unhappy because his brother was at the hospital, with a low chance of surviving while his parents died in an avalanche. He and his brother were lucky that they had survived, but at that time, Shirou had been thinking that maybe, it was best if he had died in that avalanche as well.

You thought otherwise, and while it may not be your place to tell him that, you decided, 'Screw that! Imma help him!' So you did exactly that. You became best friends, sticking to each other's side no matter what. Others thought that you were even more closer to Shirou than Atsuya, his own brother!

Anyways...

You were lost in thought, not realizing the teacher calling your name. The teacher stood in front of you while you were way too engrossed in your own thoughts to notice. The teacher cleared her throat. There was no reaction from you, the rest of the class tried to stifle their laughter. The teacher silenced them, before clearing her throat once again, this time a bit louder.

( this is literally me &
that one teacher i
hate every. single. day.
like- oml )

Yet there was still no reaction. The teacher slammed her fist on your desk, which you had FINALLY reacted to. The teacher gave you a glare before telling you to stay behind later in dismissal. Sighing, you agreed. You texted Shirou.

Oh, Wait.

And did I mention that your phone was confiscated? Yeah, your phone was confiscated.

So... No texting Shirou I guess.

The day went by rather quickly, and the bell had rung, meaning it was time to return to your homes... Not you though, definitely not you.

The teacher gave you some more work to do, and you had to pass it before lunch, but oh well, the teacher dismissed you anyways. When you were finally able to leave the main building, you found Shirou at the gate, waiting for you.

"Hey Y/N, what took you so long?" He asked after giving you a short greeting. You sighed, "I kinda, zoned out during class... Sooo, yeah." You rubbed your neck sheepishly, he gave you a sweet smile as he fixed the strap on his bag.

"So, wanna head to that new cafe downtown?" He asked, after a short period of silence. "Huh? Oh, yeah sure. Okay." You agreed pretty quickly, "but only if you pay." You jokingly stated as you lightly nudged him.

He chuckled, "yeah, sure."

You blinked and gave him a look, "I was kidding." You said. "No, no. I knew that. But it's still my treat. I wanna tell you something." You gave him one last look before shrugging and continuing on your way with silence.

Soon enough, you arrived. The sweet scent of coffee and freshly baked pastries warmed your heart, and probably made you hungry too. The both of you made your way to the counter as you ordered your drinks. Later on, after both drinks were served, you found a serene spot beside the window.

( it was probably
snow but how should
i know, there's no
snow here in
the Philippines-- )

"You said you wanted to tell me something?" You asked, successfully breaking the silence between the both of you. He looked down and started awkwardly stirring on his cup of coffee. "Uhm... Shirou-"

"I... I love you, Okay?" He suddenly blurted out. You, surprised by this revelation, stayed quiet for a good minute or two, your brain processing what your best friend just said. "Ah, uhm... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that I-I-!" You smiled, your brain successfully processing his words.

"Yeah... I'm sorry..." He looked down, a sad and disheartened look on his face, "you know what? Nevermind, I don't really-"

You cut him off by giving off a slight giggle, "you didn't let me finish." You gave him a smile as you reached out and grabbed his hand. "Yeah... I'm sorry for not confessing earlier, but, you know what?" Shirou stared at you in awe as you looked down.

"I love you too."

You looked up at Shirou and grinned, your smile extending from ear to ear. "Great! Now you can help me with my extra work!"

Smiling, Shirou closed his eyes, "yeah."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

✎ ...𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
ugggh, have ya'll just ever seen
ANYONE as cute and lovable as FUBUKI
SHIROU?!??!

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃
04 / 29 / 19