matatagi, morning jog

DEAREST,
xLilisanx

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

My eyes opened, and the first thing I saw was the digital alarm clock that read 7:23 a.m in boring and bright red numbers. I squinted as I slowly rose my upper body, then I heard it.

It came from the bathroom.

     if this is my last night with you
     hold me like I'm more than just a
     friend, give me a memory i can use
     take me by the hand while we do what
     lovers do it matters how this ends
     'cause what if I never love again?

I smiled before shaking my head, Chou was singing again, and it's way too early for her to sing at the top of her lungs. I decided to leave her like that before leaving our shared bedroom and entering the hallway.

I yawned and stretched my arms out, the morning sun was seeping through the window blinds. My mornings were usually like this, peaceful. Serene. I walked past the living room and saw a mirror. It showed me my reflection; messy hair, tired, half lidded eyes, dark eye bags. Ugh, I looked awesome.

I grabbed my phone and decided to make some coffee while Chou was inside singing her heart out. God, she takes hours to take a bath. After the coffee was done, I poured some on my cup and walked towards the mirror, coffee and phone on either of my hands.

Then, I held my phone up and snapped a picture in front of the mirror. Before posting it though, I saw something in the background. It was like a dark, shadowy figure and it looked kinda like-

"When will my reflection show... Who I am Iiinnssiiiiddee~~~!!" I shrieked as I saw Chou standing beside me for a moment, then the next, in front of the door.

She looked at me with that mischievous smirk playing on her lips yet that wasn't what I was looking at. Chou was walking around the house, wearing nothing but a towel to conceal her lean yet athletic body─although she didn't seem to care much about that─she was holding my phone, in other words; my life.

"Wait- what-!! Nakajima Chou!" I started. She giggled as she gave me a playful grin. "Oopsie." She backed up inside of the bathroom and slammed the door just before I could reach her.

"Dammit Chou!" I yelled and punched the door, yet all it seemed to do was hurt my knuckles. I sighed, knowing I won't be able to get my phone from her.

"I hate you Chou...." I sighed before deciding to go out for a jog. I went back to our room and changed into some comfortable running shorts and a tank top that belonged to Chou. I stared at the bathroom door before sighing again and leaving the room. I grabbed the smart watch Chou owned from downstairs before leaving with my rubber shoes on.

'Tsk! Stupid roommate! Stupid Chou!' I internally complained to myself as I jogged around town. The streets weren't as busy during the weekdays, but there was still a few of people walking about.

I stopped complaining to myself when I saw a kid in the middle of the street, a truck speeding through the roads while the driver furiously honked the horn. The child soon noticed and stood there in the middle of the street, paralyzed like a stone statue. I clicked my tongue and ran towards the child.

I grabbed him and protected his small body with my own as we rolled to the side of the street, my body taking most of the damage. The truck was long gone but that didn't matter.

I checked to see if the little boy was alright and thankfully he was. "Thank you nice lady!" The child beamed at me after I asked him how he felt. I could feel myself return his smile with one of my own.

'I'm surprised at how cheerful this kid is. I mean, he almost got hit by a truck! A truck for God's sake!'

"It's fine, just remember to look left and right before crossing the road!" I reminded him as he nodded in understanding. Laughing, I lifted him up into my arms as the small boy grinned. "Yeah! Your so awesome, nice lady!" He exclaimed and it made me smile even more.

"Shun!!" My cheerful demeanor turned into a curious one as both me and the boy looked towards the source of the voice. A teen about my age with strange and spiky brown hair with even stranger blue highlights was the one who yelled, apparently.

He approached us as the boy I saved jumped on him and yelled, "Big brother!!" With a smile. The two brothers reunited happily. Now that I think about it, they look kinda familiar. "You worried me Shun!" The teen with the weird hair scolded while the little boy smiled.

'Shun..?'

"Yeah, but this really awesome lady saved me!" The boy said, a bright smile on his face. "Ah!" I exclaimed as I finally realized who they were. "Hayato!" I pointed towards him and he gave me a surprised look. "What-?" He paused as he saw me and we stared at each other. His two younger brothers looked at us in confusion, before quickly recognizing me.

"Big Sis, N/N!!" The two yelled happily. "I'm surprised, I didn't expect to see you here." He spoke after we had both calmed down. The four of us sat at a nearby park bench while the two brothers went off to play at a nearby playground.

"You should really keep a closer eye on your little brother next time." I told him as I took a sip from the water bottle I had just bought. "I can do without you reminding me." He huffed. I smiled, it had been years since we last saw each other, and he grew a lot. We both did. I offered him a smile as I gave him a cold water bottle.

He gave me a tired smile before gratefully accepting my offer. "So what's with the weird hairdo?" He gave an offended look, and from there, we started talking about everything and anything while watching the kids from afar.

"This is great! We should totally see each other again." He gushed excitedly. "Yeah, we should exchange numbers first though." I chuckled as I started to grab my phone from the pocket of my shorts.

My heart stopped beating for a brief moment as I didn't feel anything in my pockets except for my wallet and keys. That's when realization dawned on me.

"Chou has my phone!!" I yelled. I saw Hayato smile from the corner of my eye as he tugged on the bottom of my tank top, as if he were asking for my attention. "What?" I asked him, curious as to why he had such a mischievous look on his face.

"What?" I asked again, but he didn't answer, instead, he stood up. He neared his face to mine and I could feel his hot breath fanning over my face. "Hayato...?"

I paused as he placed his lips on my own. And for a brief moment, I felt as if I had nothing to worry about.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

✎ .....𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
          yeah, the old one sucks, so i rewrote it
          a little. the main idea of the old story is
          still there, but i just fixed the reader's
          personality a little.

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 ;;
02 / 17 / 18