bernard, marriage 2

DEAREST,
reader

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

——— SONATA HIRIRIGARI...

It's nearly been a month since Bernard and I began to meet up. Back then, I could only see him whenever Miss Rinko brings me with her to Russia─which was rarely─but now that she's in charge of the Russian branch of the Misaki businesses, I get to meet with Bernard whenever we're both available.

It pains me to say that I've fallen for him, I know that he is engaged to my boss' older sister, but I know deep down, he feels the same as I do. He tells me all the time how much he'd rather marry me than someone like Miss Aira.

But still... I'm not the only one who's heavily infatuated with Bernard Girikanan. Misaki Aira was over-the-moon in love with him.

"Miss Aira, your marriage is next summer, how are you feeling?" I asked her one night as I accompanied her to a renowned bar down in Moscow. "To be honest, I'm painfully aware that my husband-to-be absolutely dislikes me. I know that he could never feel the same way I do." My mind took a long pause as I processed what she had told me.

"You love him?" I asked carefully. Slowly, Miss Aira nodded her head. "For a very long time I have. But he has made it obvious on many occasions that he would never see me as his equal, much less his wife." She said bitterly as tears started to gather in her eyes. Her cranberry orbs had glossed over and a few sniffles barely escaped her lips.

I looked at her, unsure of what to do. How could I do this to her? How could Bernard do this to her? Their views on each other contrasted so well, that it was almost unbearable to see. Bernard was making her suffer, but he couldn't see that─he could barely even look at her much less know how she's feeling─and somehow, I'm an indirect source for her suffering as well.

Bernard and I love each other, we both know that, but no one else did. I could never tell my family, after all, the Misaki's are the only family I have, and I'm betraying their trust with what I'm doing with Bernard.

I looked at the oldest daughter of the Misaki household. "M-Miss Aira?" I couldn't help but stammer as I hesitantly gave her my handkerchief. She quickly waved me off as she pulled one of her own from one of the pockets in her pants. "I'm fine, besides, we're at a bar right? We should enjoy ourselves at least." Forcing a smile, she lead me inside as I worriedly followed behind.

That was all that I remembered from a few nights ago. And now, here I am standing on top of a certain bridge─the bridge where Bernard and I would usually meet─as I waited for the white haired man to arrive. I checked my phone;

Drama queen💙

Hey, where are you?
:: 7:35 p.m

I'm here ;)
:: 7:36 p.m

'Oh ha-ha.'

Before I could press send, my entire vision suddenly went black. I yelped in surprise, nearly dropping my phone in the process. "Guess who~?" Said the familiar voice in a playful manner. I could hear him smile through his voice as he chuckled. "Froy?" I teased. The perpetrator behind my temporary blindness fake gasped. "No!" He gasped dramatically.

"Oh! I know who you are now, you drama queen." I giggled. "Bernard!" I exclaimed gleefully. My vision returned when he uncovered his hands, and when I looked at him, a playful smirk was resting upon his lips. "Hey." I started. He wrapped both of his arms around my waist as he rested his chin on my shoulder.