midorikawa, i miss you

DEAREST,
Inazuma_Yoshi

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

You stared at the TV screen as you watched the players of Inazuma Japan get announced. You held your phone in one hand, the other resting upon the empty bowl of popcorn beside you.

Matcha hair 🍵

I'm so nervoussss!!
:: 11:24 am

The small piece of technology vibrated. You let out an annoyed huff and looked. It was Ryuuji, a friend of yours back in Japan. He was a candidate for Inazuma Japan and because today was when they were announcing the members, you could almost imagine him fidgeting in his seat. A thing he usually did when he was nervous.

Matcha hair 🍵

I'm so nervoussss!!
:: 11:24 am

ASDFGHJKL
:: 11:24 am

you said you were nervous twice
11:25 ::

don't be
11:25 am ::

just be as chill as your ice cream hair
11:27 ::

oh, ha-ha
:: 11:28

real funny, n/n
:: 11:28

oh crap-
:: 11:28

they're announcing it! holon-
:: 11:29

You threw your phone at the other couch and stared as the nineteen members were announced. "Huh, Ryuu wasn't chosen? Meh." You shrugged. You jolted in surprise when your door was suddenly opened so harshly.

"What are you doing Y/N?! Are you ditching practice again?" You identified them as your teammates but you never considered them to be such. Rolling your eyes, you turned off the TV and stood up, empty bowl in hand. "Hey!" You were part of the (Country) team. One of, no, their most valuable player. Namely, because you were formerly under the Ares programme back when you were still playing in Japan. You were also considered as the National Goodwill Ambassador for Japan. Anyways, your captain started to nag you while following you around the house.

Slowly, your patience thinned. Slowly, slowly, slowly... slowly... "Y/N!" You punched the closest one, square in the jaw. You heard a few bones crack, but you didn't care. You walked upstairs, phone in hand, and laid down in your bed as you reached your dorm room..

You could still hear your 'teammates' yelling downstairs. You paid them none of your attention and focused it on your phone instead. You typed in a certain number before pressing your phone against your ear, hearing it ring.

As soon as the call picked up, you spoke.

"Hey..."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

——— L/N Y/N...

I groaned as I walked down the steps, the people walking in front of me were- oh wait, one of them wasn't walking. I shook my head and turned to a different direction.

I searched all over the place, but I couldn't find a familiar face. Not a single spec of green hair in this sea of people. Sitting down in a bench, I rested for a bit. I was breathing lightly and I was really tired from walking around. It felt like an eternity. I grabbed my phone and dialled Ryuu's number.

My feet were tapping on the ground as I waited for Ryuu to pick up the phone. He didn't answer and I clicked my tongue. He didn't come to see me. Shaking my head, I ruffled my hair a bit and proceeded to dial my uncle's phone number. When I was just about to press the call button, I heard my name. It was far and distant.

I turned around, my head twisting and turning as I searched. But to no avail. I walked away, until I heard it again. "Y/N!" I looked back again. But no one was calling me. Ridding my head of my hallucinations, I walked away once again. "Y/N!" this time the voice was nearer. It kept repeating and repeating until it was just behind me.

"Y/N!" I turned around for one last time, and I was met with a certain green-haired alien. "Ryuu!" I embraced him in a giant bear hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist as mine were on his neck.

I breathed in a whiff of his scent. He still smells like green tea.

"I missed you Y/N! How was (country)?!" I felt my face scrunch a bit as I cringed. "Hell." I gave him a look as he laughed.

"Really?! No way!! Come on, let's go out. We have some catching up to do."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

✎ ...𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
          midorikawa and his matcha hair days
          are my hair goals ngl. i mean, delicious,
          and fabulous?! yes please.

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃
11 / 29 / 18