aphrodi x oc, animal cafe

DEAREST,
gertrudeovlin

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"A-An animal Cafe?" Akari asked her boyfriend, Afuro Terumi, in surprise, one elegantly shaped eyebrow raised. Aphrodi smiled as he saw a blush creep on his girlfriend's face. "Yeah. Rinko rebranded her regular Cafe, to a cyber... animal Cafe?" Aphrodi replied, fumbling in his words a little. On one hand, he held his phone, which was still on the line with a certain Cafe owner and his other hand was fidgeting with the device. "What'd she say?" The person on the line, otherwise known as Misaki Rinko, asked, as multiple clangs resounded from her background. "Did anyone feed the cats?" She asked, her voice a little distant as she spoke to someone else.

Aphrodi looked towards his girlfriend and smirked. Akari remained silent, seemingly contemplating something. After a moment, she blinked and looked at Aphrodi, her face even redder than before as she struggled to say her words. "Did she say... there would be cats?" She managed to ask, her eyebrows furrowed.

A large, excited smile broke out in Aphrodi's lips as he bounced off the kitchen counter he was sitting on. He looked to his phone. "I'll call you again later, Rin." He says, not giving the other girl a chance to reply as he pressed the hang up button. He approaches his girlfriend.  "Here." He says, showing his phone screen to her. A page popped up, showing Akari a cozy little Cafe, tucked between tall buildings, with customers playing with the little cats and dogs that were sitting on the window sill. Akari took the phone from her boyfriend and began scrolling.

She even saw a picture of the Cafe owner, Rinko herself, sitting on the cashier counter, legs crossed like the boss bitch that she is, with two huskies sitting on her feet, standing on alert like two guard dogs. On Rinko's lap, there was a finely bred Russian Short hair sitting there, relishing in the power her owner brought to her. Akari rolled eyes. "A narcissist as usual."

Scrolling down further, she saw multiple videos where the Cafe was tagged. Videos that showed cute little cats playing with babies, or dogs who were gentle giants, happily serving coffee and orders to the customers. There were also birds flying around who delivered the bill to every customer's table. "Is this why she disappeared?" Akari asked, looking at her boyfriend. Aphrodi smiled and swiped his phone away from his girlfriend. "Rinko owns multiple business establishments, she's a tycoon after all. But she did dissappear for a while, simply because..." tapping the previous image of Rinko's boss bitch pose, he zoomed in on her face. "Anything you notice?"

Squinting her eyes, Akari searched around the picture for anything different. Then it hit her. "S-She cut her hair?" She asked in surprise, brows raised. She was aware of how Misaki Rinko treasured her hair, and especially, how she would get angry when someone ruined it. Aphrodi chuckled. "Apparently, Renko was dared by Ranko to cut Rinko's hair while she slept. Rinko hid away in her office for months after that, until she finally came out, hair, short and fabulous. No one really knows what happened to her." Aphrodi replied, his eyes glued to his phone as he scrolled through the page.

Akari huffed. "She bounces back pretty fast, it's Misaki Rinko we're talking about after all. She gets things done." She leaned back on her chair and smiled. "A-Anyways, we should totally visit her! See how she's doing, catch up..." Akari quickly says, her voice slowly getting lower in the end. Aphrodi smiled. "You just want to see the cats don't you?" He asked. "Yes."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

The Cafe was bustling with energy when Aphrodi and Akari entered. Dogs ran around the place, but they weren't being playful, they were happily serving guests as they pushed carts around. The little toy dogs and some cats even, sat on the customer's lap, just being cute and all as the happy customers fed them little treats every now and then.