Blown up

I cringed at the anger on his face.

“So you mean like a date?”

“NO! Not a date!”

“Good because the only person you should be going out on dates with is me.” He said standing up. “Otherwise, you know people would consider that cheating.”

“It’s not a date. We’re just friends.” I heard Dylan’s car pull up. I was hoping we could do this in private for once.

“Friends? Who is this kid? Have I met him?”

“No.”

“Can I meet him?” Dylan walked in but noticing the tension in the room didn’t say anything.

“Sure. I mean he works with me.”

“Great.” He smiled.

“You can’t tell him we’re dating though.”

“Why the fuck not?” I frowned. I’m finding out now that I love it when Lyle cusses, just not when he’s cussing at me.

“Because I work with Ryder and Ryder knows you as a teacher.”

“But this Eddie guy whoever he is, knows you have a boyfriend right?” I nodded. “But he asked you out on a date anyway? Sounds like a real stand-up guy, you sure you want him as a friend?”

”it’s not a date I promise.”

“It sure as hell sounds like a date to me.” He grumbled.

“Why don’t you just trust her man?” Dylan mumbled from the kitchen.

“Shut the fuck up Dylan and mind your own business.” He growled. “I don’t want you going.” He said looking back at me.

“Oh I’m sorry. I don’t remember asking for your permission.”

“You didn’t have to ask. You’re not going on a date with this kid Riley.”

“Did I miss the moment you stopped being my boyfriend and turned into my dad?” I glared. “Because I’ve survived 18 years without a father, I don’t need one now.”

“Riley, he obviously doesn’t want to be just friends. He wants more and I don’t feel comfortable with you going on a fucking date with him.”

“IT’S NOT A GOD DAMN DATE!”

“Oh please.” He groaned rolling his eyes. “You’re not going. That’s the end of it.”

“You acting like a real asshole you know that.”

“I’m an asshole?” he laughed gasping dramatically. “Yeah okay I’m an asshole.” Oh my god I had never been so mad at him before. My stomach churned, I just wanted to punch his face. He was being a real dick.

“What the fuck is your problem?” I scowled.

“You.” I froze and my heart stood still. My body shivered at the anger in his voice.

“What the hell man!” Dylan growled running out of the kitchen.

“Stay out of this Dylan.”

“I’m not going to sit back and let you talk to her like this.”

“OH shut the hell up. She’s my girlfriend not yours, let’s not forget that.”

“That doesn’t mean I can’t protect her from an asshole.”

“Am I losing my mind?” Lyle asked looking around confused. “I am blanking on how I’m the asshole in this situation. I just don’t fucking get it. My girlfriend, the love of my life, just told me she was going on a date with another man. Tell me how I’m not supposed to get angry. Especially since she’s the one who told me that my wife was cheating on me in my last relationship. That just doesn’t make sense to me.”