Leave Me Alone!

“Hi.” I held up my hand to shield my eyes from the sun. I looked up and narrowed my eyes to get a good look at the man who was towering over me. He looked like a nice man, clean cut, shaven, had short hair and he even had on a suit. He must be a business man or something taking the bus to work. “Is this seat taken?” I looked at him confused at first then he gestured to the empty space next to me on the bench.

“Oh, no it’s fine you can sit.” I said. He smiled at me showing off his perfect white teeth. I’ve seen him before. He normally sits on the other side of the street on the bench right across from me. I wonder what made him come over here.

“Waiting for the bus?”

“Huh?”

“I was wondering if you were waiting for the eight o’clock bus. Going to the mall or something?”

“Oh…no.” I looked down at my hands. He was so handsome; I couldn’t keep eye contact without blushing. That’s embarrassing, so I just played with my fingers. “I just don’t want to go home.”

“You live far?” he asked. I shook my head.

“Just right around the corner.” He nodded and looked at his watch. I was probably boring him.

“How old are you?”

“11.” He scoffed.

“Young.” He smiled at me. “What’s your name?”

“Riley-Anne,”

“That’s a name.” I giggled. “It’s pretty though.”

“I don’t like it.” I shrugged.

“Mind if I call you Riley?” I shook my head and smiled. “Good.”

“What’s your name?”

“Chris.”

The sun hit me in the face and I slowly woke up to the sound of typing. I opened my eyes and saw Lyle sitting next to me with a computer on his lap. The sun hit his face perfecting; he was so handsome, sexy, and rugged. I wonder what he sees in me. I might be pretty…well I have pretty eyes but…are green eyes really worth all the trouble I put him through. He looked down and smiled at me. He looked so cute with glasses on. Like my personal nerd.

“Oh, good morning.” He smiled. “I didn’t know you were awake.” I nodded towards the computer.

“Where’d you get the laptop?”

“It’s Craig’s. Thought I should enter in grades and resign as soon as possible.”