Talk to Me

I fell asleep after that. It wasn't until the burning light of the Arizona sun ripped me away from sleeps sweet bliss. I groaned as my headache pounded up against my head. I was trapped under a sleeping Max. I struggled to get from under her but eventually I escaped. I didn't really want to wake her up, she looked so happy like that. I wrote her a note and snuck out of her room. The house was empty and her father wasn't anywhere to be seen. He must have left for work already. I stole a pair of her sunglasses swearing I would give them back first period tomorrow. I got a quick glance at myself in the mirror. I looked like a fucking mess. My makeup was smeared and I was still wearing the dress Max gave me last night. Although I didn't really feel like looking for my cloths, so I grabbed my shoes and walked out to my car. I found my phone in the glove compartment and cursed myself when I checked it.

I had a 5 missed calls from Tina, 13 from Dylan, 7 from Ryder, 2 from Emma, 1 from Eddie, and 20 from Lyle. I groaned when I looked through all the text messages.

Lyle: Where are you?

Tina: where u at?

Dylan: Answer the phone? R u safe?

Dylan: We're worried.

Emma: Pls don't tell Ryder about tonight.

Dylan: WTF answer the freaking phone Riley!

Lyle: Answer!

Lyle: Answer the phone this isn't funny.

Lyle: don't be mad I'm sorry.

Lyle: I love you answer the phone.

Ryder: Hey you okay? Lyle's pissed.

Ryder: Where you at?

Lyle: I'm so sorry Baby just please come home and stop ignoring me.

Lyle: Riley I worried ANSWER THE PHONE!

Lyle: Baby please!

Dylan: I'm going to go crazy if you're not home by 12 tomorrow.

Eddie: Had fun tonight.

Dylan: ANSWER THE PHONE!

And it goes on and on like that. I groaned, at how concerned they were. I was just out partying give me a fucking break. I can't be separated from those people for more than 5 fucking minutes and the world comes to a god damn end. I pulled up to the house and took a deep breath before I walked in.

"Where the hell have you been?" I cringed at how loud Dylan was.

"Riwy!" River cheered running up to me. I patted him on the head and headed towards the kitchen. "You smell funny."

"You smell like a house party." Dylan grumbled "What the hell were you doing all night?" I ignored all his questions and let him blow off his anger while went to go find something to drink. Tina gasped when she saw me.

"Holy shit." She snickered. "Someone had a fun night." Lyle was sitting at the kitchen table, he didn't say anything. He just kind of stared at me. I didn't really have anything to say to him either.

"What the fuck Riley?" Dylan growled.

"Do we have any orange juice?" I asked looking in the fridge.

"Nope," Tina giggled. "I drank the last of it. Where'd you get that dress? It's hot."

"Riley!"

"Stop fucking yelling!" I growled at Dylan. "I'm okay. I went out with my friend. I danced, I had fun, and I got drunk. I don't think what I did was so terribly bad considering what I've been through these past couple of days. I mean really! I'm living in my dead ex-boyfriend's house, I have a million and one nightmares almost every night, I found out I have a brother, my mother abused drugs when she had so I probably have even more heath conditions that I need to worry about, I was sexually assaulted, and I killed someone. So pardon me if I needed a fucking break." I glared at him and slammed the door closed. Everyone stared at me as I drank the milk out of the carton.