A Flash From the Past

“What the hell!”

“Wait what?”

“Who?”

“Did you miss me?” Carla smiled leaning against the counter. I don’t know why but whenever she talked to me I just…froze up.

“Riley…”

“Ugh.” She groaned looking me over. “You know I just knew you would turn out like this.” She shook her head as she opened our refrigerator and poured herself a glass of wine. “You had such potential to be a beautiful woman. But you mare yourself with piercing holes, and tattoos. What a waste of such a good body.” She groaned.

“What the fuck do you want?” Dylan bit out.

“Who is this?” she asked me. “One of your little criminal friends? Funny he looks like the last one. The one with brown hair what was his name? Eli?” Dylan pulled out his gun and pointed it at her with a glare. “Oh,” she scoffed. “I was right. Funny how things don’t change. What are you fucking him too you little slut.”

“Ugh.” Lyle groaned pulling himself off the couch. “I can’t do this today.” He mumbled and shuffled his way into the bedroom.

“Nice meeting you. Whoever you are.” Carla called. Lyle flicked her off as he walked into our bedroom and slammed the door. “He’s pleasant. Is he a felon too?”

“No.” I sighed.

“Well that’s a first.” She mumbled taking another sip.

“What is this?” Tina asked confused.

“What the fuck do you want?” Dylan yelled pointing the gun at her.

“Ugh, Riley-Anne, tell him to get that thing out of my face.” She groaned.

“Dylan put the gun away.” I sighed.

“What?” he asked confused.

“Just put it away, please.” He reluctantly put the gun down and stared between us confused.

“Carla,”

“That’s mom to you.”

“You were never a mother.” I seethed.

“Whatever.” She grumbled.

“What do you want from me?”

“My house back. That would be nice.” I groaned rolling my eyes. “Because you know your boyfriend did burn it down and all.”

“I can’t deal with you.” I grumbled.

“Are you related to him, you look just like him?” Carla asked squinting her eyes at Dylan.

“We look nothing alike.” Dylan said annoyed with her comment.

“No you kind of do.” Tina said squinting her eyes, “Just a little bit.”

“What?” he gasped surprised. “Are you talking about Ricky?”

“The little brown pyromaniac, yeah. You look like him.” Carla said pouring herself another glass.

“I don’t see it.”

“ENOUGH!” I yelled getting annoyed with this whole situation. “What the fuck do you want?”

“Am I making you angry?” she smiled. “Poor baby.”

“She always was a bitch.” Ricky scoffed shaking his head. I sighed annoyed with him. Why does he keep showing up? I’m not sure if I can handle having her and him together at the same time. Not right now.