Unpaid Debts

I didn't take my medicine this morning. So here I was sitting in this depressing ass interrogation room down at the police station irritated as hell. But it doesn't stop there. No not only is this fucker asking me a million and one questions, no we're not alone. My brain thought it would be a good time to haunt my conscious with the presence of someone only I could see of course.

"You're busted." Sadie smiled in my face. I wish I could glare at her without looking crazy. I know she wasn't really here but she felt real, she looked real, she sounded real and no one could tell me otherwise.

"So you saw Sadie stumbled up to your house intoxicated that night?"

"No." I sighed. "I was in the bathroom taking a piss I didn't see anything. I wash my hands and walk out to see her in my doorway screaming and shouting nonsense."

"That's not true." She scoffed. "I was making perfect sense."

"Do you remember what she was saying?"

"No, not exactly I wasn't really paying much attention. Besides who ever remembers exactly what someone said to them in a drunken rage." I grumbled.

"I called you out on your bullshit that's what I was saying."

"What time did this all take place?" he asked.

"I don't fucking know?" I growled. "I was too busy peeing and trying to get that drunk bitch out of my house. I didn't stop to look at the clock and take note of the event and time." I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms.

"Just tell him the truth." Sadie seethed. "I deserve a funeral. I deserved to be mourned and buried. That twitchy freak got to have a proper funeral why can't I?" I restrained myself from strangling my imagination. "That's right, just kill me again." she grumbled. "Fuck you."

"Who is River Gates?"

"My nephew." I sighed.

"You're sister's son? Why was he so upset when I walked away with you? Some would call that sever separation anxiety which is a real warning sign for someone as young as him"

"He really likes me." I sighed.

"More like you kidnaped that poor kid."

"Who did he mean when he said like mommy?"

"What the fuck should I know?"

"I think you do know. I think you know a whole lot you're not telling us. Like what really happened to Sadie that night when she came up to your house."

"I already told you what happened. She got drunk. She yelled. Tina yelled back. Dylan showed her out and gave her to some blonde bitch. That's the end of it."

"You skipped the part where you strangled me to death."