7. Game Over

"Where's Riley?" Lyle asked walking out of his room.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. River was in Tina's room watching a movie. Tina and I were lying on the couch watching TV but nothing good was on. Just the same old shit. But scrunched my brow thinking about what Lyle asked. Where was Riley? I had just assumed she came home late last night and went to bed. Knowing she's not here...well shit that worries the fuck out of me.

"She didn't come home last night?" Tina asked.

"No," he sighed rubbing the back of his neck. "I left her a ton of voice and text messages and she hasn't opened any of them. Her voicemail is full. And she hasn't come back."

"She could've just gone out partying again." Tina grumbled.

"I doubt that." I scoffed. With that determined look in her eye when she left, it was obvious she was going to get that abortion. I doubt she would go partying after that.

"Dylan?" Lyle asked turning to me.

"Nah I haven't seen her." I sighed.

"Where do you think she could be?" Tina asked sitting up. Lyle shrugged.

"I'm worried though. She wasn't...in the right frame of mind. I'm really worried she might have done something stupid." He sighed. I felt bad for him but before I could offer to go look for her there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it."

"I'm worried." Tina whispered. "You think something went wrong at the clinic."

"I don't know." I bit my lip wondering that too. What if that fucking creep Eddie showed up? "If she's not answering her phone then we're just going to have to go out and look for her. That towns not that big. And chances are she fell asleep on the beach."

"I don't know." Tina mumbled. I could see the concern and worry in her eyes, and I felt the same. Whenever Riley goes missing, it never means anything good.

"Dylan!" Lyle yelled. "Get the gun!" I jumped up and froze when I saw him.

"Someone's been a bad boy."

***

I woke up to the sound of whimpering. My head was banging, and I could taste blood in my mouth. I couldn't feel my feet. My hands were tied together by something. A rope? It was cold like handcuffs. I couldn't see anything. Everything was black, even when I opened my eyes. I was blindfolded. What the fuck is going on? Eddie's muffled whimpers penetrated my ears. Was he fucking crying? I need to get out of here and I need to get out now. My headache was unbearable, I could feel it in the back of my eye socket. I'm pretty sure I'm bleeding. Goddamn it what did he do to me? I must have blacked out because, I woke up tied to a bed my legs aching, my wrists bleeding from the rope, and my heart racing. I was terrified. Fuck, how did I even get here? "Stop struggling you'll hurt yourself." I cringed at his voice.

"Fuck you, you manic!" I screamed struggling to get out. I yanked my wrists hoping the rope would break or loosen, but it did nothing but make me bleed. Frustration bottled up from inside me. Why does this crazy shit keep happening to me! What the fuck. "Let me go!" I screamed thrashing around in the bed.

"Stop before you hurt yourself!"

"Let me out! Help! Help me!"

"Nobody can hear you." He sighed. I watched as he sat at his desk polishing that gun of his. "It's just you can me out here. Now please stop acting like that. You'll hurt the baby." I froze. Tears streamed down my face as I watched him carefully clean the barrel of his gun. That calm and complacent look on his face terrified. I'm going to die. He's going to kill me, I'm going to die here.

A Life On The EdgeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara