No...I'm Not Doing That.

“No.”

“Come one Riley.”

“No, there is no fucking way. No fucking way!”

“Are you serious? We might not stop for another three hours.”

“Fine, there is no way you are going to get me to shower in there I’d rather shower in the fucking rain then in that aides pool.”

“You’re not going to get aides at a rest stop.”

“Well you never know, now a days.” Tina mumbled.

“Yeah she’s right, I’m kind of worried about getting aides now.” Lyle said. Dylan groaned and rubbed his temple.

“Fine, we’ll all just stink for another three hours.” He mumbled as we all got back in the car. Lyle whistled and Buttons came bounding away from two little girls and back towards the car. “We have to stop and get gas.” Dylan said. I leaned back up against the window and tried to go back to sleep.

“Do you think it’s a good idea if we dye and cut our hair?” Tina asked.

“I have a feeling you would anyway if I said no.” Dylan mumbled.

“You’re right so shut up. Pull over at the next gas station.” Tina ordered.

“Didn’t you just hear me say…-?”

“Shut up!” Tina shouted. Lyle chuckled as Dylan rolled his eyes.

“You went to high school with this crazy bitch?” Dylan asked. Tina nodded excitedly.

“I dated one of his best friends in middle school and he’s been stuck with me ever since. He almost married my ex best friend. Me and Lyle go way back.” She smiled. Dylan shot him a look of amazement.

“How did you survive?”

“You get used to it.” Lyle mumbled.

“Really?” Dylan asked shocked.

“No.” Lyle sighed. “I wish.”

“Ooo pull over, pull over! Riley I’m going to dye your hair in a hotel sink like they do in all the fugitive movies.” I rolled my eyes and went back to sleep.

*

“Riley, wake up.”

“Hmm?”

“We’re crashing at a motel for a little while.” Lyle said. I could barely see. Everything was swimmy and I couldn’t move. I was still asleep; there was no way I was getting out of this car.