That Look

"I can't believe this." I huffed. My heart fell into my stomach and my knees grew weak.

"Riwy is yous okay?" River asked. I felt an overwhelming sense of Deja-Vu. A rock built up in my throat.

"Riley, calm down." Dylan said. I looked up and saw a distraught Maxine running up our steps.

"Riley!" she yelled. Dylan looked out the door and turned to Lyle.

"Hide yourself." Lyle jumped up and ran into the bedroom, but not without giving me a look of concern.

"Riley." She yelled tears streaming down her face. I looked at her confused and concerned for my own wellbeing. I don't think I can take any more bad news.

"What" I asked.

"Have you seen Emma?" she choked out. I shook my head. 

"No, the last time I talk to her was homecoming."

"Riley." She cried.

"What? What is it?"

"She's dead."

"What!" I asked surprise gripping hold of my every nerve.

"What the fuck." Dylan gasped. My heart sank at the sad look in her eyes.

"She's gone Riley!" she cried. "She's really gone."

"What happened?" Tina asked just as shocked as everyone else.

"Did you know she was pregnant?" Max asked. I nodded. "Well I guess she told the other guy." She took a minute in between her sobs. "He told her to get a fucking abortion!"

"Shit," Dylan mumbled.

"She drowned herself in the bathtub. I found her." She cried.

"Oh my god." I groaned. I felt a weight bearing down on me. I felt like the walls were closing in and I suddenly I couldn't breathe.

"She's gone Riley, she's gone." She cried. I was hot, so hot. I was suffocating. I didn't know what to do. I can't breathe. I can't breathe.

"Riley!" Dylan rushed towards me and pushed Maxine off my lap. "Riley breathe, you have to breathe."

"I can't." I cried. I feel tingly and dizzy. I was shaking, I just couldn't stop shaking. I felt like a maraca.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard Maxine's panicked voice. I'm so itchy. What the fuck? Make it stop. Make it all stop!

"I think she's having a panic attack." Tina said. Everyone's dead. Everyone's dead. They're all dead. I kept seeing them, all of them. Tyron's still body in that casket. Eli, cold in my arms. Ricky's blood everywhere. Sadie dead on the floor.

"Make it go away." I cried. Their gruesome mangled bodies terrified me. I couldn't make it stop. I just wanted it to stop.

"Maxine you need to go." Dylan growled.

"Wait, I think I can help."

"Another time." He demanded. "Right now you need to go." He stood up and pushed her out the door. Once the door was locked Lyle came running out of our room and to my side.

"Riley it's going to be okay." He said taking me into his arms.

"Make them stop." I cried. All I could hear were the gargling from Sadie's throat. The gun shot and the sound of the blood hitting the windows.

"Shh. I'm here. Everything is going to be okay." He whispered but I could barely hear him over the screaming. There was so much screaming.

"Lyle move." Tina said. "Riley stand up." I huffed and did what she said.