Secrets Exposed

"Are you going to school today?" Dylan asked as I sat at the kitchen table. I was feeling depressed. We had more than enough PTSD medication but it has been at least a week since I've had my bipolar meds. It was driving me crazy. Tina normally gets my prescription, but Tina has been preoccupied with keeping her boss (Sadie's father) from sniffing around her records and keeping her employed. How, you might ask?

She's been sleeping with him.

Tina's a whore.

"Here." Tina said stumbling into the house. She threw a bottle of pills on the table and patted River on the head. "I picked up your crazy pills on the way home."

"Don't call me that." I mumbled pouring two in my hand.

"How was your night?" Dylan asked pouring her a cup of coffee.

"Not as good as yours." She scoffed. "What happened to your face?"

"I did that." I mumbled. I put my bipolar meds, my birth control, and the pills for my PTSD in my hand.

"You did this?" she gasped staring at his black eye. "What the fuck did you do?" she growled at him.

"He didn't do anything." I said. I don't know why but I just couldn't bring myself to take these little white pills. I'll take the red ones, and the blue ones, but the white ones...I just can't.

"Riley?" Tina asked confused. "What happened?"

"Tina I want you to stop sleeping with Mr. Thornton." I said putting the pills aside for a second.

"Why? I don't mind it really."

"Yes you do. Or you will." She stared at me with concern.

"Riley I can take care of myself."

"Just fucking trust me on this!" I cried. "I've been here. It may not feel like it's such a big thing now but it will be. If he's going to be suspicious let him be suspicious. We can handle ourselves. Our safety is not worth your dignity, or your self-worth. You lending your body out to this man for our confidence is not okay. It may seem like a good idea, it may seem like it's worth it, but it's not."

"Is this what you really want?" she asked. I took a deep breath and looked at the state she was in. Her hair was a fucking mess, her shoe was broken, her cloths were half on, and she looked like hell. I don't know what he did with her in that bedroom and it hurt my stomach to think of it.

"Yeah, it is."

"Fine." She sighed. She looked on the table and nodded towards my pills. "Are you taking your pills now?" I sighed and looked at the pile of medication.

"I..." I looked up at Dylan's beaten face and cringed. "I have to."

"What happened last night?" she asked.

"Riley was having a nightmare," Dylan sighed rubbing the back of his head.

"So she beat the fuck out of you?" Tina scoffed. River looked up at me confused.

"Tina can we just drop it?" I sighed.

"Um...okay." she said with concern.

"I'm going to get a ride to school from Eddie?" I grumbled getting up a take a shower.

"So you're going?" Dylan asked,

"Might as well."

"Don't forget to take your medicine." He hollered. I rolled my eyes and went to take another steaming hot shower. I need to wash off all these bad memories. I walked out of the shower and checked my phone. I had few missed text messages.