Weird Names and New Memebers

“Who the fuck is this?” Dylan whisper shouted. I was sitting on top of the kitchen counter eating an apple while Tina was leaning against the stove chewing on her newly applied acrylic nails. Dylan glared at her furious. Lyle was in the living room keeping the kid occupied with Buttons. I’m not going to lie watching them was pretty cute.

“It all happened so fast.” Tina explained. “She looked sad a desperate.”

“She was a drug addict!”

“I didn’t know that!” Tina scowled. I scoffed.

“All you had to do was look at her.” I mumbled to myself.

“Tina, are you serious? The four of us aren’t capable of taking care of a child. If you haven’t forgotten we are all unemployed and on the run from a furious murder. I’m an ex-drug dealer, Riley is off her meds, and you’re an alcoholic! The only person suitable for this child to be around is Lyle and he is dying inside.” His voice got lower and inched closer to us. “The guy has been through hell and is holding it together pretty well, so well in fact it’s unsettling.” Tina nodded in agreement and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m not going to sit here and listen to you guys bash my boyfriend.” I mumbled hopping down from the counter. Dylan grabbed my shoulders holding me in place.

“I’m sorry. I’m just trying to make a point that taking care of this kid is going to be hard on all four of us.” I scoffed.

“You mean three.”

“What?” Tina growled. “Are you leaving?”

“No! I’m just not taking responsibility for that kid in there when you were the one who said yes to that psychopathic self centered bitch who dropped him with a perfect pair of strangers on the beach. I mean who the fuck does that? He’s a little kid what does she not think that he’s not going to notice that she’s been gone for forever and it’s just going to be our problem when he starts blaming himself for her leaving. Fuck that.” The boulder in my throat was back and I felt tears sting the back of my eyes.

“Riley…is this still about the kid or is about…”

“Shut up Dylan,” I growled. He held his hands up in surrender. “That kid is not my problem! I’m on the run trying to survive and get on with my life. I didn’t sign up to take care of an orphan. Tina did. That kid is her responsibly not mine, not yours, and not Lyle’s.” Dylan looked over to Tina and shrugged.

“She has a point.” He mumbled.

“Can’t we just drop him off a fire station or something?”   

“No,” we both growled.

“We came here to start over, not get in more trouble.” Dylan scowled. “You got us in this. You take care of the kid.”

“I’m going to need help!” she looked at us pleadingly. I rolled my eyes and started to walk out of the kitchen.