Job Hunting!

“Good morning Princess.” I smiled at the butterflies that tickled my stomach.

“Good morning Knight.” I mumbled into his perfectly sculpted, warm chest. I looked up and him and smiled at the cheesy morning grin he beamed at me. He bent down and placed a kiss on my lips. I tangled my fingers in hair. His stubble tickled my cheeks as he trailed kisses down my neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him, I let out a soft moan gripped his hair. He pulled back and looked down at me. I stared into his chocolate brown eyes. God I loved his eyes. “If I had a million dollars I’d just lay here in this bed with you all day long.” He whispered.

“Yeah?” I asked giving him a kiss behind his ear. He chuckled and nodded. “Too bad you’re not a millionaire.” I mumbled. “Did anyone pick up on your resume yet?”

“Yeah!” he smiled. “Two schools and both of them are in reasonable distance from here. So I won’t be killing myself on gas money. I have an interview today at four.”

“How are we all supposed be get where we’re supposed to go with only one car?” Dylan and Tina were going Job hunting today which left Lyle and I alone with the kid.

“Tina knows a guy-“

“Of course she does.” I shook my head. Lyle chuckled and kissed my forehead. There was a tiny knock on the door. Because there were only three rooms and we now have five people there had to be room rearrangements. I had planned on sleeping in the fort for as long as Lyle would let me, but the kid gravitated towards it the minute he set eyes on it. We switched out the mattress and let the kid sleep in the fort and Lyle and I moved into our rightful room. The door opened and Buttons ran into the room and jumped on the bed Dylan and Lyle put together last night.

“Good morning Buttons.” Lyle laughed. The little kid stood in the doorway looking a little sad and confused. “Good morning, River.” Lyle smiled.

“Good morning Mister.” His voice was so little and scared. Lyle flashed him a warming smile and I could see the kid instantly relax.

“You can call me Lyle River, its okay.”

“Okay Lywel.”

“Close enough.” Lyle muttered. The little kid shuffled over and struggled to climb up on the bed. He sighed with relief once he was seated at the edge of the bed in between our feet.

“Can I ask a question?” his eyes shifted between the both of us. “When’s my mommy coming back.” His eyes were so big and glassy. I was positive he was about to cry if we said anything other than she’s already here. Unfortunately she wasn’t here, and she was never going to be. Lyle looked at me searching for an answer. I scoffed.

“Why are you looking at me?”

“What did they say when you asked that?” my heart dropped.

“Fuck you.” I sneered and hopped out of the bed. He winced and whispered curses under his breath.