Her

“You needed help with a project?” Lyle asked sitting at his computer.

“You know that’s not what I’m here for.”

“If you’re not here for help Riley then you need to leave.”

“Why are you being like this?”

“I told you I just need some space.” He groaned.

“I thought space was sleeping on the couch.”

“Space defined as time away from you.” I glared at him annoyed with his rude behavior. I marched over to his desk and turned off his monitor. “What the hell.”

“You will pay attention to me. I may have been a bitch lately and little out of control but I love you and I would move mountains for you there for I deserve at lease an ounce of some god damn respect. Look at me.” He huffed and leaned back in his chair. “I wanted to say I’m sorry. I wanted to say that I’ve been being a really shitty girlfriend lately and that you don’t deserve me. I wanted to say that I love you more than anything in this world. I wanted to say that even though I fucking hate the thought of it I will take those goddamn pills for you if it makes you feel better.” It was getting a little hard to talk though the rock of sadness and shame lodged in my throat. “I want…I wanted to say that”

“Turn your back to the camera so this looks normal.” He mumbled. I froze as the cold look he showed me.

“I wanted to say that I’ll quit my job if me being around Eddie bothers you so much. I wanted to say that Mr. Harte knows about us and I don’t give a damn. I wanted to beg you not to give up on me.” I wiped the tear from my eyes and sniffled. “I wanted to say I’m sorry.” It was quiet for a while. He didn’t say anything, he didn’t even move. He just stared at me.

He just stared.

I got tired of the embarrassment that I felt all over me. I took and deep breath and left. I’ll see him when I get home. I wiped my tears with my sleeve and headed to the auditorium to go watch another one of Emma’s auditions. I guess today they were singing, I guess that was good. I could use a good laugh.

“What took you so long?” Max whined.

“I was trying to prepare myself to deal with you and your fake ass person for an hour and a half.” Max frowned.

“Whatever, come on some of the parents are here and it’s annoying the shit out of me.” I looked around to see some of the students prepping and talking to their loving parents. I wonder what it’s like to have someone care about you enough to come and say good luck just because they wish you the best. I bet it’s nice, I bet they all take it for granted. “It’s bad enough Sadie’s dad pays for the drama department and her step mom helps direct the show, but I can only take so much.” Max groaned.

“Don’t act like having parents that care is a burden. Be grateful you have parents at all.” She flinched.

“I forgot you grew up in an orphanage…I’m sorry I didn’t mean to”

“It’s whatever, let’s just grab a seat.” I went to grab the door when Sadie walked by and pushed me. This bitch is really getting on my nerves.

“Watch where you going trash.” Anger boiled in me and I reached out and grabbed her by her hair. “AH!” she scream. “Let me go you crazy bitch.” I threw her to the ground and grabbed her by the shirt. “Call me trash one more time. I fucking dare you.” She looked at me with fear coated in her eyes. This bitch has got to be the dumbest person I have ever met. I mean does she really not learn? I have, can, and will beat her ass to a bloody pulp.