The Role Model

“I loved it here.” I smiled leaning up against the balcony. Eli smiled at me.

“I’m glad. Are we going to come back?” he asked. I didn’t answer because I wasn’t sure. “Do you hate me?”

“No. I don’t think I can hate you.” I looked at him and frowned at the sadness in his eyes.

“I had to tell you the truth.”

“And I’m happy you did…it’s…it’s just hard hearing that everyone you trusted has been lying to you for so long.” I looked out over the beach and my heart ached. “We’ll come back Eli.”

“We will?”

“Eventually.” I smiled. He was quiet for a while. He sighed and then he took my hand.

“Promise me something?” I gave him my full attention. “You’ll come back here. You belong here. You’re safe here. Whether we come back together the way we are now, or you come back without me if something were to happen…just promise me…you will come back.”

“I promise.”

I woke up to a banging on the door. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Lyle and Tina were still asleep but Dylan was up and about.

“Can I help you?” Dylan asked confused.

“Yes sir,” I was shocked to hear the voice I heard. I leaned forward and smiled to myself when I saw that I was right. It was Ethan. He nodded and took his hat off his head and held it to his chest like the southern gentlemen do in movies. “I’m looking for a Riley Swan?” Dylan quickly pulled out his gun and pointed it straight at Ethan’s face. Ethan dropped his hat and threw up his hands in surrender.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Dylan seethed.

“I mean no harm. I just want to have a nice talk with the lady. She called me last night very distressed. I could talk with her for long. I tried to call her back but I just got the motel office, they gave me the address and I drove down to see her.”

“I don’t trust you.”

“He’s telling the truth.” I said standing up. Dylan looked back at me confused. Ethan smiled at me.

“Nice to see you again Ms. Swan.” He bent down and picked up his hat. “Fancy a walk?” Dylan reluctantly let me leave the motel. We walked in silence for a little while not really sure what to say to each other.

“Where are you from?” I asked, he talked kind of funny. I knew he wasn’t originally from Arizona, not with that accent.

“New Orleans, Louisiana.” He smiled.

A Life On The Edgeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें