The Principal's Office

“Three days.” Tina seethed. “You’ve been at this school for three days and you’re already in trouble. What the fuck is wrong with you?” I groaned. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

“I’m sorry to have to call you out of work Ms. Swan.”

“Oh no, that’s not my name. My name is Ms. Gates.” The principal gave us strange looks I rolled my eyes. “Different mothers.” She nodded.

“My apologies…Ms. Gates I don’t think I need to reiterate why this is such an important issue.”

“Can you remind me why I’m here again? No one really told me what she did.” Tina said giving me a nervous smile.

“Um…it’s my understanding that Sadie was antagonizing Ms Swan here and-”

“What she say to you?” Tina asked me.

“She called me a worthless piece of shit and spit in my face.”

“Did you beat her ass?”

“Yup.”

“Okay great good job.” Tina looked back towards to principal confused. “I’m sorry I don’t understand why I’m here?”

“Ms. Gates, your sister gave a fellow student 15 stitches, a broken nose, and a serious concussion.” Mrs. Endicott gasped at Tina’s inability to understand why I’m in trouble.

“It sounds like self defense to me.”

“Sadie never hit Riley.”

“She spat in her face.” I groaned getting irritated.

“Um I’m sorry are we just going to ignore the fact that Sadie had another student’s head in a toilet when I walked in? She was torturing her! Are we just going to ignore that?” I seethed.

“Sounds like Riley was if anything standing up for herself and someone else? Why is she in trouble?” Mrs. Endicott’s mouth fell.

“I can assure that situation is being dealt with but I am dealing with you right now Ms Swan. You are in trouble because I should be calling the police for the damage you did to that girl in the bathroom today!” Tina and I both froze. “That is completely out of line. You are incredibly lucky that Sadie’s family had decided not to press charges as long as we deal with you accordingly because they didn’t want to put Sadie under anymore stress.”

“Lucky.” Tina scoffed.

“I was looking through your file and it seems that this behavior is not uncommon with you. Within the first two days of school, you have accumulated four detentions and have been written up for skipping five times. You only have four classes! I was looking over your schedule again and your notes from your previous counselor. It seems that you stayed out of significant trouble while you were helping your teachers as a sort of student aid during your free periods.”