How To Get Away With Murder

When I was 11 years old the idea of me taking someone life was unthinkable. Never would I have imagined by the age of 18 would I have already murdered 5 people. One of them being my first love, the other a teenage girl no older than me. Never would that thought have crossed my mind. I looked up at everyone in the room, and the looks on everyone faces were…they were each different.

Tina stared down at Sadie’s lifeless body horrified. Dylan stared at her with a bit of sadness and contempt. It was as if he was thinking the same thing I was. There was no other way for this to end…but it’s a shame it had to end this way. Kramer stared at her with shock and amazement as if he couldn’t believe his eyes. I think he took the picture to prove to himself that wasn’t going crazy. That this was real.

And Lyle…

He was the only one looking at me. And that look he gave me, that look in his eyes. The way his face contoured. That look…it made me want to die with her.

“Are you still sure you made the right choice…picking him over any of the three of us.” Ricky chuckled.

“You killed her.” Tina whispered. Dylan pulled the gun from the floor and pointed it at Kramer.

“Who the fuck are you?” he growled. Kramer put his hands up immediately.

“No! He’s my art teacher.” I said.

“How much do you know?” Dylan demanded. “How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough to learn that Mr. Perfect isn’t so perfect.” He mumbled looking at Lyle.

“What?” he growled.

“You know it’s against school policy to sleep with a student.”

“A girl is dead and you want to make jokes?” he seethed.

“Sorry,” he whispered. “I don’t know what else to do. This shit is too real.”

“How do we know we can trust you huh?” Dylan said.

“I promise I’ll do whatever you want man just…don’t kill me too.” He pleaded.

“I don’t want to have to.” Dylan growled.

“What the fuck Dylan!” Lyle yelled. “We already have one dead body in our house let’s not make it two.” It was silent in the house. All we could hear was the sounds of teenagers drinking and partying on the beach below this pivotal moment in our lives.

“I won’t tell the cops anything.” He swore. “My lips are sealed.”

“You just killed my boss’s daughter.” Tina said staring at the body in shock.

“Cold blooded killer.” Ricky whispered.

“What was I supposed to do!” I yelled finally cracking. “She was going to ruin everything we worked for. We were going to have to go on the run, again. Start all over, living in motel to motel, with a dog and kid! And you think she was going to be satisfied with us just leaving? The second we stepped foot in that car she was going to call Chris, collect the money and tell him everything. We would’ve been dead in hours! I had no choice she was going to get us killed! I had no choice! We had no choice! She was going to kill us!  I had no choice!”

“Shh, Riley it’s okay.” Dylan cooed bringing me into him. “You did the right thing. You thought on your feet, you did the right thing.” I cried in his chest as he tried to sooth me.

“What do we do now?” Lyle asked. “It’s 12:30, there’s over a 100 teenagers in our backyard and we have a dead girl on the floor in the middle of our house. A well-known, dead girl in fact. Somebody’s going to notice she’s missing and come looking for her.”