3. Oh Mother Where Art Tho

I woke up tied to a bed my legs aching, my wrists bleeding from the rope, and my heart racing. I was terrified. Fuck how did I even get here?

"Stop struggling you'll hurt yourself!" I cringed at his voice.

"Fuck you, you maniac!" I screamed. Struggling to get out. I yanked my wrists hoping the rope would break or loosen but it did nothing but make me bleed. Frustration bottled up from inside me. Why does this crazy shit keep happening to me! What the fuck. "Let me go!" I screamed thrashing around in my bed.

"Stop before you hurt yourself!"

"Let me out! Help! Help me!"

"Nobody can hear you." He sighed. I watched as he sat his desk polishing that gun of his. "It's just you and me out here. Now please stop acting like that. You'll hurt the baby."

***

"What does Ricky eats?" River asked poking the glass box we had encaged our deadly friend with. I moved the bug away from the five year old and sighed.

"The weak." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Anything, from crickets to frogs." River giggled.

"Ricky can't eats a frog he's too small."

"You'd be surprised."

"What's wrong with you?" Dylan asked eyeing me. "And why aren't you at school?"

"I'm dropping out." I mumbled.

"The fuck you are." Tina scoffed.

"I'm a straight A student, one day of hooky isn't going to do much damage." I sighed.

"What's wrong with you?" she asked. "I'm worried."

"River stop tapping the glass you'll agitate him." I said slapping his hand.

"Can I pet him?"

"NO." Tina gasped.

"Why not?"

"He's poisonous." Dylan explained. "It he sticks you with his sharp tail you'll die." River gasped.

"Riley I thought I told you to get rid of this dangerous ass pet." Tina growled.

"Lyle said I could keep him."

"I'm sure he would've said no if he knew it was going to live for this long and you were gonna name it Ricky." I rolled my eyes. I should tell them. I put down my fork and thought about what I was going to do. I was going to tell Tina and Dylan about my situation before Lyle. I had to. I don't know how Lyle will react. How should I tell them? You know what...just rip it off like a band aid.

"I'm pregnant." Tina dropped her glass and Dylan chocked on his orange juice.

"Are you sure?" Tina asked. I nodded, I still have the test. I watched as a smiled spread it self across her face. "Yay!" she cheered. "Congratulations! Does Lyle know yet?" I shook my head. "When are you going to tell him?" I watched as she started to read my face and gage the situation. This wasn't a happy moment, it was a moment of panic. "I mean I know it wasn't exactly timed right but it's a happy mistake right. You two love each other. And at this rate you should be finished with school before you even start to show." She smiled. "Why aren't you excited? This is great news."

"It's not his." They froze.

"What?" Dylan gasped.

"Whose is it?" Tina asked her tone of voice changing from excitement to anger and disappointment.