Reunited

"So what should I expect?" Ryder asked. I shrugged not really knowing the answer.

"I'm in brand new territory. I've never met him when he's actually wanted to be in my life. He still doesn't. He wants to be in yours." He gave me a side glance and frowned.

"You don't have to come with me. I can go alone."

"You want me here right?" I asked. I watch him nod as he gripped the steering wheel. "Then I'm going." I looked out the window and watched as the city passed us. I felt my heart tighten in my chest. I needed space. I needed air. "This is a convertible right?"

"Yeah,"

"Pop the roof?" he looked over and smiled at me. He got on the main street and pressed the button for the top to revert. I smiled and slowly stood up. The wind pressed against my skin blowing my hair back. I took a deep breath and slowly lifted my arms in the air. I listened as the wind blew past me. I took a deep breath and smiled. I felt as if I could feel the entire world on my fingertips. I felt wispy and careless, and not a single thing in the universe could touch me. I was invincible.

I was infinite

Ryder pulled off onto a side road and I sat done in my seat feeling renewed. An unfamiliar confidence swelled within me. I wasn't nervous, I was clam. I was at peace. I felt as if I could take on anything the world had to throw at me. I looked over and caught a glimpse of Ryder's crooked smile.

"What?" I asked. He glanced over at me and chuckled.

"Nothing."

"What is it?" curiosity was a buzz around me. Did he feel as weightless as I did?

"You're beautiful, that's it." He shrugged. I blushed, but smiled as a sort of pride filled me. I felt as if I had accomplished something, and it made me feel warm inside. It gave me a comfort. He gave me comfort. He pulled into a parking lot across from a playground like set up. There was mulch, a jungle gym, swing-sets, three slides, a see-saw, a few benches, and sitting at the picnic table on the far right was Michael. "Is that him?" Ryder whispered. I stared at him taking him in. This reminds me too much of the first time I met him. Lyle had drove me to the park on his motorcycle. Mike sat at the table just like that. Tan, tall, well built, and completely oblivious to our presence. I nodded.

"Yeah, that's him."

"I know this is gonna sound kind of gay but...how do I look?" my heart stopped at the question. I looked over at him astonished. "What?" I could see the panic in his eyes.

"Nothing." I smiled. "Just a little bit of Deja-Vu."

"Are you okay?" worry taking over his face.

"I'm fine. But...why don't you walk up and meet him first on your own. I'll come meet you guys in a minute."

"Are you sure?" he asked. I smiled and nodded. "Okay." He sighed and bit his lip as he looked over at the table. I watched as Michael bounced his leg anxiously. I wonder how he felt doing this for the second time.

"You look great."

"What?" Ryder asked.

"You look great." I smiled. "Like a million bucks." He let out a breath of relief and smiled at me. "You have nothing to worry about."

"What if he doesn't like me?" he asked. I frowned.

"Don't do that. What happened between me and Michael is between me and him. That has nothing to do with you. He wants to meet you Ryder. He was looking for you. He put his entire life on hold just to find you. He...he wants you." Tears were burning the back of my eyes but I wouldn't let them through. I took a deep breath and did my best not to let my smile twitch. Ryder smiled at me and took my face in his hands.