8. Red Handed

I grabbed Eddie's keys out of his pocket. I ran out his front door and to his car only to be met with the barrel of a gun. My heart stopped and I threw my hands up in the air. Fuck, please don't let everything I worked for end like this.

"Get down." She barked. I fell to my knees my head hanging and my tail between my legs. "God damn it Riley, you have no idea how long I've waited for this moment." Erica said with that disgustingly sinister smirk of hers. "I'm trying my hardest not to pull this fucking trigger and shoot you right here." She sighed. "But I have orders." I bit my tongue and just let the tears roll down my cheek as I stared down at the sand marking my knees. "Get the fuck up you stupid slut." I held my hands in the air but my head hung low as I slowly stood up and all I could hear was her annoying giggle. "I won." She cackled. "I can't believe it! After all these years you're finally getting what's coming to you." I stayed quite. "Get in the fucking car, I'm taking you home to daddy."

She placed her gun on the small of my back as she walked me to Chris's ominous big black Cadillac. The dark mare that has haunted my dreams for years. I was pushed into the backseat I had taken so many rides in. I had started my dangerous life in the back seat of this car, and it's starting to look like this is how I'm going to end it. I slid in and jumped when I saw him.

"Blake?" I squeaked. He turned his head slightly to face me, and I cringed at the look of his face. He looked horrible. So bad I nearly puked.

"I..."

"Don't talk to her." Erica barked. "Get use to your impeding silence."

"What?" I asked confused. Blake glared at her, a glare that could kill if god only gave him the power.

"Erica I swear to God," he seethed.

"QUIET RAT!" he turned to me quickly and he met my fearful gaze with one of concern and regret. Somehow I could still manage to see the sorrow and despair in those swollen eyes.

"Riley, we did all that we could. I'm sorry."

"ONE MORE WORD THORN AND I'M DRIVING THIS BITCH BACK MYSELF WITH YOU IN THE TRUNK!" she said cocking the gun. "Try me, I fucking dare you." Blake bit his bruised lip and turned back towards the front reluctantly placing his hands on the wheel. "I don't want to hear another sound out of you. It should be good practice."

"What are you talking about?" I asked confusion and fear swelling my chest. Blake stayed quiet as he slowly back out of Eddie's driveway and made his way back towards my house where I'm sure everyone was waiting. Probably being tortured and mauled if they weren't already dead.

"You know what Chris does to rats." I gasped and bit my tongue at the horror. "The only reason the brute still has his damn tongue is because Chris wasn't you to eat it." My heart stopped. "Otherwise, he would've cut it out a long time ago." I closed my eyes and let everything that was happening sink in.

It's over.

It's all over.

"Yuck." Erica groaned. "You were always suck a cry baby."

"Why the fuck do you hate me so much Erica? I've never been able to figure that shit out! I've never done anything to you! If you hate me so much because of Ricky get over it! He chose me okay?"

"This isn't about fucking Ricky! Jason is dead because of you!" I froze. "Get your head out of your fucking ass you piece of shit. God this is why I hate you! Jason was so perfect and I loved him, and he loved me back. God damn it I found someone who finally loved me back, and you! YOU TOOK HIM AWAY! HE DIED BECAUSE YOU WANTED TO PLAY A FUCKING GAME OF HIDE AND SEEK!" I watched as rage filled her. The gun shook in her hands. "I wish you would've just drowned in that fucking lake. I can't wait to see you're dead body spread on the floor in mangled pieces. And when it's all over and there nothing left of you but your name I'll wear your tooth around my neck a souvenir." Chills ran down my spine at the heat of her glare.