Dylan...

“Where have you been all afternoon?” Lyle asked. I smiled at him and gave him a kiss.

“I hung out with Ryder after work.” I said taking a seat with him on the couch.

“Pizza boy?” he asked putting his arm around me. I laid my head down on his chest and snuggled into him. “He’s dating that blonde girl right?” I nodded.

“Yeah, he’s cool. He wants to throw a party in the backyard after the game tomorrow night.” Lyle groaned.

“Does that mean I have to leave?” I giggled and buried my face in his stomach.

“You’re not mad?”

“No,” he sighed. “I’ll just stay shut up in our room and grade papers.” I smiled. “All these goddamn teenagers running around.” He grumbled.

“You’re acting like an old man.” I whispered.

“I am an old man.” I rolled my eyes.

“Your 23.”

“That’s old.” I laughed and shook my head. “I love your laugh.”

“I love that you make me laugh.” He rubbed my arms and I could see the soft smile play on his lips.

“You two are adorably sweet.” Tina smiled. “Now what is this I hear about a party?”

“Bonfire on the beach.” I mumbled into my boyfriend’s stomach. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. “It’s for the football game. It’s just Ryder’s excuse to throw a party.”

“Are they going to be in the house?”

“No just in the backyard.”

“How did our girl take the news.” Tina asked. I snickered.

“Not very well.”

“What are you two up to?” Lyle asked.

“You know that little Sadie bitch?” I could feel Lyle nod. “Me and Riley snuck out late last night and found some pretty interesting things about the girl.”

“What’s wrong with her?”

“She’s a daddy’s girl.” I mumbled and Tina giggled like a nine year old.

“I don’t get it.” he said confused.

“She has sex with her dad Lyle.” Tina explained. I heard Dylan drop something in the kitchen and I could feel Lyle tense up.

“Like…willingly?”

“Yes.” I nodded.

“You’re talking about Sadie Thornton the girl who framed your friend and got him put in prison?” Dylan gasped.

“Yup, that’s the one.” I said.

“Riley you can’t have this kind of dirt on her! This could ruin us!”

“I know what I’m doing.” I growled. “She called me by my full name Dylan. She knows things she shouldn’t so I had to put her in her place. She’s scared now. She’s not going to do shit to me without drowning herself in the process.”

“But that Troy kid had the same leverage.” Lyle said looking at me worried and confused.

“Troy has a little sister and a family he cares about. She thinks that I’m a poor lonely orphan who has found my misguided sister and was dragged to town with her, her boyfriend and her baby. She thinks I don’t have anything to lose, so what can she take from me?” they all stared at me with eyebrows raised and jaws dropped.