FINAL CHAPTER - Chapter 31: Back For You.

A/N: This is it, the final chapter!

Sorry if there are any mistakes, I haven’t proof read. xox

Chapter 31: Back For You.

SOPHIE'S POV:

From the moment I stepped off that plane, being tired hadn't even crossed my mind. I'd tried my best to sleep, which was incredibly hard, and was the first to shoot up out of my seat when the seatbelt light disappeared. All the people surrounding me were being woken up and making groggily noises, while my heart was racing and head was spinning a million miles per hour. I knew exactly what I was going to do today and I had no other intention but to do it.

Over the weeks I was in England, we had contacted Jane and Mitchell and explained to them what was happening. So when I stepped off the plane and out of the terminal, I spotted Jane waiting for me with her arms stretched out as far as they could go. A grin tugged at my lips and I probably looked mentally challenged as I ran over to her with my carry on bag swishing up and down and my roll on bag twisting and turning behind me. As I reached her I let go of the roll on bag and attacked Jane with the biggest hug ever.

"You have no idea how much I missed you!" She squealed into my ear.

"I missed you too!" I shrieked back. We both released from the hug and walked out of the airport together. "Can you make a quick trip to the cake store? I need to get something for me." I asked her. She raised an eyebrow, but I knew she was way too excited to see me to even give it a second thought.

We stepped out, the warm weather hitting me with a beautiful breeze. I love Australian weather. It seemed like early afternoon when I noticed the sky was still a bright blue and the sun was bright in the sky. I stopped in my tracks when something had crossed my mind that I had completely forgotten about. Jane quickly stopped with me and knitted her eyebrows questioningly.

"It's my birthday today!" I exclaimed, maybe a little too loudly. Some people turned around and politely smiled, others yelled 'Happy birthday' to me and then there were the people who glared at me and kept walking. Ah, the personalities of Australians, I missed them. All this thinking and landing had taken my mind off the date. I had already missed out on half of my birthday. But I was going to find Niall before it was over.

Jane chuckled, "Happy birthday, Sophie. Now quick!" She encouragingly patted me on my back to make me continue my pace and I obliged. In a matter of minutes, we made it to Jane's silver Holden Cruze and she hurried to turn the car on while I dashed around the back, shoving my luggage into the boot and slamming the opening door shut. My heart flipped inside my chest and I ran back to the passenger side of the car and jumped in my seat, once again, slamming the door. "Don't break the car!" Jane half joked, half worriedly ordered me.

I giggled, "Calm down, it's fine." She smiled and nodded, just pleased - probably to see me again. But I didn't have time for tea and hello's. "Jane, drive!" She made an abrupt, 'oh' and quickly stuck her keys into the ignition. With a jiggle or two, the car started up with a rumble and we were off.

I still had some things I needed to do before I came face to face with Niall. Like, have a shower, get some proper clothes on, and maybe touch up my hair and makeup. I mean, I haven't seen him in three weeks, I can't just reappear into his life looking like a troll. Plus, I'll feel good about myself, slightly more confident, and he'll have something nice to look at, rather than a sack of potatoes. Just saying. Oh, and I won't forget the special something that I need to pick up right before I see him. Definitely won't forget that.

I grinned happily to myself as the car haltered to a stop in front of the house I've grown up in for the past eight years. It seemed so beautiful and I had only just realised how much I deeply missed it. All the memories of my life, well, happened here. My first birthday party with school friends, seeing as how I couldn't have one with the royals, and Jane made a cake and everything. Except that she turned the oven light on, but not the heat. So the cake mix spent time in the oven just sitting in cool air. We didn't really end up eating a freshly baked cake that year. Instead, she rushed to Woolworth's and got a chocolate mud cake. That was the day I discovered my love and desire for chocolate cakes.

Or the fact that I brought a boy over for the first time. Niall being the first friend, Harry being the first boyfriend. I did have other boyfriends before Harry, but none of them were ever serious. Needless to say, Mitchell was skeptical when he heard a boy, that I liked, was going to be here for a few hours. And boy, did that day not go to plan - wherever we were, I was able to point out the top of Mitchell's head anywhere.

Or, like my first argument with Niall. It was stupid really. We were watching TV and an ad came up for the NRL (Rugby League) for Australia. Since Mitchell rooted for the Parramatta Eels, I just followed him. But Niall decided to go for the Canterbury Bulldogs, just because it sounded like cranberry. It was either them, or the Sydney Roosters, because roosters related back to chicken, which of course, he liked too. I'll never understand that kid. The argument was only minor, saying which team was better, but I still remember it because I still appreciate it. That was the day when I considered Niall and I to be great friends, because we were able to be ourselves.

A cheeky smile spread across my face from my little flashback moment, but was quickly cut off, "Are you just going to sit there smiling all day?" Jane's voice interrupted my thoughts of the past as the smile slipped off my face and I turned to her. An eyebrow was raised and her head was slightly bobbed lowly.

"Right." I mumbled to myself and pushed the door to my left open. "Can you go to the store and get it while I start getting ready?" I asked. 'It' being my secret weapon in my plan. She nodded and waved as she restarted the car. Quickly, I ran around the back and popped the boot open, dragging my bags out and re-slamming it shut.

"Gonna break my car!" She yelled back in a singing tone, her voice carrying out her opened window. I laughed to myself and rolled my bag along the pavement and up to the front door. Bending down, I lifted up our house-mat and picked up the spare key. Finally, home at last. I pushed open the door and glided straight across the floorboards and took a look inside the lounge room and kitchen. Still looks the same - heartwarming as ever.

Okay. Serious business now. I bolted upstairs and opened a cupboard, taking a towel out. Running back into my room, I quickly pulled and stretched my clothes off, down and over my head, and wrapped the towel around my body. Once I had tied my hair up into a bun, I made my way down the hallway and turned on the water, jumping into the shower, ready to scrub myself from head to toe.

As soon as I was done, I replaced the towel around myself and headed back to my room. What looks nice, what looks nice? I pried open my cupboard doors with my arms stretched so that it was as wide as it could go. Dress or no dress? Dress looks nice, but maybe it's too formal for Niall. You know what, he knows me for me, I'm pretty sure he won't care.

I ran downstairs to my luggage bag, clenching my towel tight with my hand. No one was home, but I didn't want to let go just in case. The first pair of tights I saw, I grabbed and ran back upstairs. Now I just need a nice shirt. I came across my tallboy and pried open a draw, revealing a few tops. I rummaged through until one stuck out to me. How could I have forgotten I had this? My flowy, thick strapped, white singlet top, with crimson red and black beads sowed across in a thick line along the collar. It ended mid-thigh and was so flattering. Jane bought me this years ago and it was just too big. It was perfect now!

Tights, this top, and some brown thin strapped sandals. My heart fluttered with excitement as I began to start putting my clothes on. I took a glance at my tall mirror, turning and looking over my shoulder with an uncontrollable grin across my face. Everything today just had to go to plan. The way I pictured today to end, was the only mental image in my mind. I couldn't see it ending any other way. I'm coming, Niall. I'm coming back.

While taking another few looks in the mirror, I heard the sound of keys jiggling inside a key hole, and the creek of a door being pushed open. Jane was back. I took a hairbrush from my nightstand and began running it through my hair as I made my way downstairs. As I kept brushing and tugging at minor knots the plane trip created, I spun jumped off the last step of the stairs and paced into the kitchen to see a magical cameo pink coloured box on the shiny brown countertop.

I placed the brush down on the bench, which really isn't very hygienic with my hair strands poking out, but I didn't care, and slowly walked over to the box. I unhooked the paper locks which keep it sealed and open it up. Perfect.

"Where's my 'thank you'?" Jane asked cheekily, snapping me out of my stare. I closed the box, looked up and saw her drinking a glass of water by the fridge.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I ran over and hugged her, squeezing her as hard as I possibly could.

"It's almost five. You should get going, before it gets dark." She urged, glancing at her watch. I yanked her wrist worriedly and saw it was half past four. That's not too bad. But by the time I walk there, it'll be closer to five at night. I nodded and gave her a kiss on the cheek to say goodbye. Hurriedly, I picked up the box, keeping it upright and power-walked towards the door.

"See you soon!"

After about ten minutes of walking toward Niall's house, the small home finally appeared in my vision. My head began thinking of reasons as to why I had left here in the first place. No extremely persuasive reason popped into my head, other than 'to see what it was like' and even that wasn't better than leaving Niall. Although, the experience was enough for me to get along with my parents, which was definitely what I needed.

Before I knew it, I was standing at the gutter of his house. Both Niall and Greg's cars were out the front, meaning they had to be home. I gulped as I felt the biggest amount of butterflies run through my stomach. The walk was too quick. Maybe I'm here too soon. Maybe they're not ready to see me. What if they're having dinner? What if they're out? I glanced at their cars. Okay. But they might not want to see me. Maybe I should just go. I turned my heel and took my first step to walk back home.

"Sophie?" I heard a questioning voice call out. I stopped in my tracks and slowly spun around. Greg was leaning against the doorframe squinting his eyes and slightly leaning his head forward. I flashed a small smile as I felt my whole body sink into the pit of my stomach. He nodded to himself when he realised his sight was correct. "Sophie! You're back!" I nodded slowly, still standing frozen on the side of the road. "Are you looking for Niall?"

I didn't know how I should respond to that. Niall might not want to see me anymore and asking for him might make me look like an idiot. I huffed. Doubt was getting the better of me and I had to stop letting that happen. "Yeah, I am." I nodded.

"Well he's actually gone out for a walk. Do you want to wait until he gets back?" Greg informed me. Ugh, damn. Of course he was out walking while I was trying to find him. Thank you, fate! I sarcastically thought.

"No, it's okay. I'll come back later or tomorrow. Thanks, Greg." I lied. He nodded. I did not go to all this trouble just to come up blank. I was going to find Niall one way or another and this was something that had to be done by myself. I shot him a friendly smile and began walking away, still carrying the pink box in my hand.

"Oh and Sophie!" Greg called out once more. I spun around and raised my eyebrows. "Happy birthday." He smiled and waved. I thanked him, waved back and continued walking.

Now. Where would Niall be? If he wasn't home, maybe he was at the shops? But they would close soon. What about the sports ground? Doing what? I guess passing the sports ground was part of his walking routine. As well as that old shiver triggering burnt down house. As far as I knew, Lerie had been sent to a high secured prison back in Pakistan where it wasn't physically possible for her to leave. Everything is safe now.

Once I heard their front door close, I changed directions and began taking the one that Niall takes. I miss Niall.

After another five minutes of walking and feeling as if my legs could take no more, I find myself at an unrecognisable area. Did I get lost? No. Something has changed... I glanced around at my surroundings trying to spot the difference, when I realised exactly where I was - not far from the burnt down house. Except for the fact that the burnt down house was no longer there. It was just a huge patch of grass, big enough to cover the whole area.

Another thing stood out to me though. It was the blonde with streaks of brown hair on the top of a boy. He was sitting down on the grass with his legs stretched out in front of him and his arms stretched behind him for support. It was clearer than broad daylight who that was. As hard as I could, I pushed doubt out of my mind so that it would go anywhere but me and began walking toward the figure sitting on the ground. I was ready.

My feet were walking toward him at a steady pace - not to fast, not too slow. As my footsteps got closer and closer, I could tell that he had heard me when his neck slowly spun around and my eyes were locked with those piercing blue eyes. I could feel my whole body tense up as I continued walking with his eyes on me. I watched as his expression went from calm, to shocked, to confused all in five seconds. Finally, I took a seat next to him, also stretching my legs straight in front of me and placing the box on my lap.

"Sophie, w-why aren't you in England?" He asked, stuttering a little. "A whole month isn't up yet." He knitted his eyebrows together.

"Well hello to you too." I smiled sheepishly. He raised an eyebrow and brought his hand up to his head and scratched through the blonde strands. "Turns out I'm not ready to be a princess." I shrugged my shoulders.

He nodded slowly, his eyes still stuck on mine. I couldn't get rid of the tense feeling that was building up inside of me. Especially since our faces were only a thirty centimetre rulers length apart and I could only just feel his breath trickle on my arm.

His eyes cut away from mine to look at the pink box that was sitting neatly on my lap. "What's in the box?"

"A cake." I answered him, "I don't know if you can remember, but today's my birthday." I cracked a small smile.

He shifted from sitting all stretched and brought his legs up so that they were know crossed. "Of course I remember, Sophie. Happy birthday." He smiled, showing his white braces and perfectly straight teeth. "So, uh, what brings you back to Australia so soon then?" He asked me. A definite answer was playing around in his thoughts. There was only one sentence he wanted to hear.

I decided to have some fun. Just a little. "Oh, I wanted to check up on Harry - see how he's doing and stuff." I lied nonchalantly and shrugged my shoulders. I saw Niall nod and slump down a bit, looking toward the ground. I couldn't believe he was actually buying this.

"Oh." was all that escaped his lips.

I couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't very good at pranking people. "Are you stupid?" I asked rhetorically whilst grinning. His head snapped up as he scrunched his eyebrows together and stared at me. "I came back here for you, Niall. That's it."

Suddenly, all the tension in my body was released and I felt calm. It felt so good to finally admit my feelings for him. Though he already knew they were there. But with the calmness I felt, there was also shyness. I directed my attention to the very plain pink box on my lap. It was actually so plain. Without a thought running through my mind, unexpectedly, I felt a soft finger at the bottom of my chin. If it was possible, my heart raced faster than it could have ever possibly gone.

Slowly, this delicate finger gently directed my sight to Niall's very close face. He was absolutely expressionless, but if I was to point out the slightest bit of emotion, I'd say eager. A tiny smile tugged at my lips as I looked into his eyes and he gazed back at mine. This was perfect. Without wasting another second, we both leaned in for the kiss that would reunite us and the kiss that would keep us together. Before I felt his lips touch mine, his other hand framed the side of my face and I lifted my fingers to go to the back of his neck.

As I kept leaning in and leaning in, strangely, I heard a soft *boom*. I jumped back and looked down at the cake box which had fallen off my lap and onto the ground. Niall let out a hard laugh and picked it up, partly glad that most of the cake hadn't fallen out. Only some small slops of icing and cake were on the grass between us. Niall seemed fine. I, however, wanted to curse as much as I possibly could. But-but-but! I huffed. Reaching down and helping him pick up as much as we could, I held it in my hands. Well, this was a bad idea. Where am I supposed to but this now? My fingers wriggled around with the mixture of slimy chocolate and bits of grass stuck on them.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I heard Niall smoothly ask as I focused on my, now very disgusting, fingers. I raised an eyebrow, slightly confused and turned to face him.

But without any ability to say another word, I felt lips instantly crash onto mine. If I could right now, I would've had the biggest grin on my face. I closed my eyes began kissing Niall back. It was just a sweet, beautiful kiss. No tongue involved, just enough to show how much he really cares and how much I truly care about him. Instead of thinking, like normal, I brought my hand up, ready to cup the side of his face. That was not such a good idea. As my hand finally touched his soft face, which felt strangely mushy, he sharply inhaled and snapped his head away from mine.

My lips parted in shock, as I was trying to stifle the laugh that was about to come out of them. I watched as Niall sat back and slowly put a hand up to his cheek which now had my handprint of chocolate icing. I couldn't hold it in as he felt around, so I began laughing hysterically. As a joke to lighten the mood, he stuck out his tongue and used it to scoop up a bit of the chocolate up and into his mouth.

"Y-You know there's grass in that too." I pointed out, making me laugh even harder. His lips gaped open a little to form an 'o' shape and then shrugged. Then he began to laugh with me. Man I love his laugh. It could brighten up anyone's mood and day. He smiled and made a sarcastic 'mmm' noise, pretending it was delicious. I laughed even harder.

When Niall saw me clench my hip with my hand, he playfully shook his head, "God, I love you." He continued shaking his head. My laughing stopped when I processed what he said. His laugh gradually haltered to a stop and so did his head moving. He let out a breath and cleared his throat.

This is awkward.

"You love me?" I asked, getting all giddy with a grin across my face. My heart began to race and I tried to contain my uneven breaths. I kept my gaze into his eyes as he shifted about uncomfortably.

"Well, yeah." He said with confidence. "I've loved you for a long time now." He paused for a second, "... It's okay if you don't feel the same way..."

I rolled my eyes and pushed his shoulder, "Niall, I love you too."

"Really?"

"I do." He leaned in and pulled me in for another kiss making my head spin completely. Slowly, we drifted away and I noticed his eyes flicker towards the cake box and back at me. I knew that look. Instead of wanting to spend time with the girl who loves him, he wants to eat cake. I sighed and opened the box. "Here, have some." I added, pointing to it.

He looked at me closely, testing if I was being serious, and I was. "Are you sure?" He asked.

"One hundred percent." A cheeky idea flicked in my mind, "Here, I'll help you." I grinned. He knotted his eyebrows together and raised an eyebrow, clearly confused. He wasn't going to be confused in a second. Slowly, I shoved my hand into the cake and scooped up a handful of chocolate and rapidly pushed it in his face, smearing it on his cheeks.

He gasped and blinked shockingly. "You.. Are so dead." He threatened light-heartedly and brought his hand to his face, flicking the cake off. Realising what he just said, I scrambled onto my feet and got ready to sprint away while laughing uncontrollably. This is what I missed - the fact that we were able to do anything with each other and feel so comfortable.

I felt a firm hand grab my waist and pull me close. I stopped in my tracks as I felt his long, warm arms snake around me and his chin rest on my shoulder. "You're my princess." He whispered. My heart fluttered at his breath trickling on my neck. This moment was perfect. I was willing to stay in this moment forever. He was mine and I was his. Finally, we were together.

From eleven year olds to eighteen year olds, he was the one. He was my prince.

A/N: ** PLEASE READ **

OH.MY.GOD. IT'S OVER. IT IS ACTUALLY OVER.

I can't believe it. I remember when this story was just a mere idea that came to mind. It's so crazy to think that I've written this whole fanfic. Ahhhhh!

First of all, I just want to thank you all SOOOO MUCH! Everyone for your consistent support and votes and comments have just kept me motivated so much! There are so many sweet people on here it's not even funny! You're all just so kind hearted! There are just so many individuals that I want to thank, but there's so many! Just saying, you all know who you are ;) with your constant support, huge comments, funny comments, and just being so sweet and kind in general!

Also, if you haven't really enjoyed this story, then I'm sorry, but you can't please everyone.

PLEASE everyone vote and comment, I want to see just how many people have read and enjoyed The Secret Princess! It would mean the world to me if you all voted and left a comment :)

On another note, I'd appreciate if you all check out my latest fanfic, " Summer with HIM? " It's another Niall fanfic, hehee :) The link to the story will be in the external link, which is usually at the top right of the page! Please vote and comment what you  think!

Once again, thank you everyone sooooo much! I love you all :)

Jess
Xoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoooooxo