Chapter 30: Talks and "Thank you."

A/N: thank you everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday! It actually made my day to know that everyone were going out of their way for me! Thanks again :)

Also, I've dedicated this chapter to @SoniaTheDirectioner because she is so sweet and patient and full of compliments! I recommend everyone go read her story ! :)

PS. Please read the authors note at the end!

Thanks guys! xox

Chapter 30

SOPHIE'S POV:

Yes, I got in trouble. After about five minutes in absolute heaven alone, Tony found me wandering around in a big park. He took me back to Buckingham palace and not a single word was spoken of it. I think he knew I was hurting and clearly didn't like it here, so he didn't tell anyone about our little episode. But he did give me a warning. "If you do it again, I won't keep my mouth shut." I agreed with his minor threat and that was that. Though while I was on my walk, I had come to a conclusion that I needed to talk with my parents. If not both of them, my mother.

My mother and I shared a bond that my father and I never will. I wish I could be one to say that I was 'daddy's little girl', but I'm not. My mother, being a female, understood me better than he ever will. My father probably got along with Louis more, because they have much more in common - like the love of sports and other guy things.

I walked around the back way with Tony again and went straight into the BuckinghamPalace. If we got attention from people outside, I wouldn't know, since I didn't hear a word from anyone. Slowly and impassively, I entered the back door and saw my mother and father talking with Louis while all sitting on fancy light brown chairs with a suede cream cushion on top. With the noise of the door closing behind me, all of their heads turned in my direction and the soft talking stopped. All of their faces showed concern and worried looks.

"Can we talk?" I looked straight at my mother - no one else in this room. I only really wanted to talk to her about what I was going to admit. I'd find it awkward, and any other girl would, to open up the way I'm about to, if it was to my father. So to my mother it was!

"Of course," she nodded understandingly. She stood up and gestured her hand to follow her, "come with me." I walked past Louis and my father awkwardly, as I could feel all eyes on me. My mother's long, light red dress flowed as it followed behind her, sliding across the marble floor. She took me into a small room - which when you think of it, wasn't even small - and closed the french doors behind us. There were two matching crimson red lounges opposite each other, both with a golden pattern going through them. Between them was a light brown coffee table with the whole middle being transparent glass. "What did you want to talk about?"

"First of all, I just want to apologise for earli--"

"Forgiven and forgotten." She interrupted me with a small smile on her face.

I raised my eyebrows and nodded slowly, "Thanks. Um, secondly, I just want to come clear about -- Do you remember Niall?" I asked, a small smile crept on my face at the mention of his name.

"How could I forget?"

"Heh." A small laugh escaped my lips, "Well, he and I sort of had a thing going on before I left. And he didn't handle it too well when he found out that I was leaving."

"Oh, I see." She slowly bobbed her head up and down. "And now you miss him?" She asked.

"Yeah," I let out. The room fell silent. It's not that I'm not an individual without Niall, or that I'm weak, I just need him. I sighed, "But we ended on such a bad note when I left and I'm quite sure that he doesn't want to speak to me."

It felt weird - coming out and saying all this to my mother. I hadn't even told Jane about this, let alone anyone else. It was so crazy to say aloud. But it had to come out some time, and I guess now was that time. The next sentence that came out of my mother's mouth struck me by surprise.

"Here's what I can do," she smiled and leaned forward on the lounge, "stay in England up until just before your birthday, and then we can send you back home where you can see Niall. I just want to still get to know you."

I didn't know which shocked me more. The fact that she was letting me do this, or that she actually remembered my birthday. None of my parents showed any kind of awareness of my eighteenth birthday until now. Actually, none of them really showed any kind of awareness to my birthday's until now. I didn't realise that I had been sitting there, lips gaping open, gobsmacked for the past twenty seconds. My whole body was squealing and jumping around on the inside, whilst on the outside, I was completely frozen.

"You remember my birthday?" Finally came out of my mouth. "I mean," I shook my head, "thank you. Thank you so much. Are you sure?" My heart began to race faster than what it has been in the past few days. My eyes were almost bulging out of my head and I couldn't get this massive grin off of my face.

"Of course I am," she nodded, "but I'm aiming on changing your opinion from that little speech at the table this morning. Okay?" She raised an eyebrow.

"DEAL." I shoot up, almost shaking on my two feet. I held out my hand, waiting for my mother to shake it. I didn't care that she was the Queen of England, she was my mother, and if I wanted her to shake my hand, then I expect her to. She stared at my hand for a second or two, then stood up, and before I knew it, my hand was being shaken. A pleased smile on her face. I just kept breathing so fast and out of pattern, I had to tell someone. I released from her grip and made a bolt for the door.

Miraculously, I remembered the way back to the room with the back door. Seeing as how I don't know what room that could possibly be, I'm going to call it room number one. My mind was suddenly swarming with ideas of what I could do when I see Niall. Surprise him? Call him up now? He might feel as if I've abandoned him if I don't call. Then again, I do like to be the surpriser instead of the suprisee. Surprise it is.

I was running so fast, that I almost slipped and fell on my face multiple times. But adrenaline and happiness had kicked in and there was no stopping me. I swear, I probably pushed past endless maids and butlers without even realising. Seeing as how clumsy I can get, it might be for the best if I slowed down. Making my feet start to jog in a slightly slower pace, I swung my arm around the wall and saw Louis and my father standing and talking together and room one. When we they never talking?

At the sound of my loud footsteps coming to a halt, and the vans making a screech on the marble floor, the two brown haired boys spun around. Louis had a concerned look upon his face, seeing as how he had no idea what was going on and my father's face was completely unreadable. Was he happy or still upset from this morning?

"The deal is on, only if you treat us respectfully for your time here." He said calmly and impassively. Way to ruin a good cheerful moment for me. And of course he had a good point. No way would I be disrespectful to them after this opportunity, that'd just be stupid.

"Yes, yes, definitely." I agreed, finding my voice caught up in my own throat. I swallowed whatever could possibly have been in my throat, making a 'gulp' sound. Suddenly, I had become so nervous around my father.

"Well then let's make the next three weeks memorable ones." A smile tugged at his lips. There was the father I wanted to see! Happy and positive. I just knew that I had to make this time useful and that I can't afford to mess up.

*********

~ 19 DAYS LATER ~

November 20th (day before Sophie's birthday)

SOPHIE'S POV:

This was it. Today had finally arrived. The moment I woke up, was the moment everything just felt so right. Everything was finally going to fall into place. Well, that's what I hope. Not being unusual, doubt had found its way and crawled into my mind to have a little fun. What if nothing's the same? What if Niall doesn't want to know me anymore? What if Niall has completely blocked me out of his mind? Worse, what if he has a girlfriend? I wouldn't be surprised if that was true.

For the past nineteen days, I had been so excited, creating a little countdown in my head. I guess I was more excited to see Niall again than my very own birthday. Eighteen was such a big deal in Australia. I could now legally drink alcohol, I can go watch R rated movies in the cinemas, I can go to clubs - and here I was, being giddy over seeing Niall again for the first time in almost three weeks. This boy better realise how special he is to me.

There was no doubt that I had gotten closer to my biological family over this short time. Strangely, we had a lot in common. But the one thing I couldn't have which I know, deep down, disappointed them - I didn't want to be a princess for now. Maybe some other time, but honestly, I'd rather spend as much time as possible, being an average girl.

So it didn't shock me to feel a little teary when I was leaving. I said my goodbyes to everyone at the airport, giving them the biggest, back breaking hugs and turned to Louis.

"I'll see you soon." I cracked a small smile and hugged him.

"I should be coming back in a weeks time." He said aloud. And then, while we were still hugging, he whispered in my ear, "Oh, and I never thought I'd say this, but please get back together with that Niall boy." I separated from the hug, a little shocked at what he just told me. I mean, I was heading over to Australia to do that whether he liked it or not. But the fact that he gave me his permission gave me even more motivation to do it. My brother actually cared for me and it caused the most uncontrollable grin to spread across my face. He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah, go before I change my mind."

I kept smiling and gave everyone my biggest wave, followed with a tooth flashing smile, and a little tear escaping my eye. My mother and father smiled and waved back. Handing my ticket to the woman at the stand, I did my own little mental skip and dashed into the terminal and headed for the plane.

Twenty two hours and I was back.

A/N:

Pleasee vote! :) Should be updating on the final chapter on the 3rd/4th of December!

Okay, so I'm starting to think I've only got one or two more chapters left! And I can't apologise enough for how boring all the England chapters were, but I'll explain why at the end of The Secret Princess.

***READ***

I HAVE A COMPETITION READYYY. I won't be updating the last chapter until it’s over!

I'm posting the details in the next chapter, called, "COMPETITION". I hope people actually participate! That would actually be the coolest thing ever! It's not the most amazing comp, but I am trying, ahah :) so please check it out and try and participate?

Reminder: I won't be updating the last chapter until the comp is over (which is December 3rd). Please bear with me it's only 10 days! As they'll be winning a dedication and an imagine/one shot.

Thanks, love you all to bits and pieces! xox