Chapter 17: Don't Trust Everyone

Chapter 17

SOPHIE'S POV:

I sat back speechless. I mean, I knew Zayn liked me, but not that much. Though I couldn't tell if I felt the same way. Maybe I kissed him back because of the way I'm feeling right now - vulnerable. I wasn't going to lie, Zayn was incredibly attractive. I mean, who could resist those looks and charm? But something was missing.

I knew I'd have to find that something very soon since I'd be marrying him. But right this second, I couldn't deny that this kiss was missing something very important. Though I still didn't know what it was.

Suddenly, at the corner of my eye, I saw some figure rush past the doorway. I snapped a glance, but saw nothing. I began to think about it, but maybe it was just Paul checking up on us. So I looked back at Zayn and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Zayn. You're an amazing guy," I looked at him sadly, he returned the look with puppy dog eyes, "like, really amazing--"

"But you don't feel the same way..." He finished the sentence for me.

"That kiss was incredible, but sorry, I don't." I nodded and frowned. I avoided his gaze for a second to think more - try and change my mind. But I just couldn't.

"That's okay, Sophie. But I still want to be here for you. Friends?" He asked with a charming smile. Damn! Why couldn't I just feel it? Ugh. Sophie, look at his face!

I glanced back up at him. Trying my hardest to look through him. I probably ended up looking like an idiot doing so. But I gave up. I felt so bad for Zayn. Maybe one day I'd feel it for him. We had a whole lifetime to work it out, that's for sure. But not now.

"Definitely." I smiled and pulled him in for another hug.

ANONYMOUS POV:

I sat down at my kitchen table and dug into my cereal. Then I glanced up at the seat across from me and noticed it was empty. Soon, Zayn would be sitting in that chair, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with me. Or maybe I'd be in his castle eating with him. I felt my heart flutter as I thought about Zayn. My soulmate. The only one for me. I was the only one for him. It wasn't hard to see, we were meant for each other.

Salim walked through the kitchen door and was holding my house phone. He had a look on his face as if he was bursting to tell me something. I brushed his look off. He was probably asking permission to go to the toilet again. He's like that.

"Zayn and I are meant for each other, aren't we?" I asked Salim and smiled. I knew his answer. Anyone I ask always agrees. Everyone knew that we were meant to be.

"Of course you are." He said without hesitation. "Uh, you-know-who is on the phone. He has good and bad news." He said weakly.

"Give me the phone!" I yelled and snatched the phone out of his hands. He flinched when I grabbed it from him and he sprinted out of the room.

I liked the sound of good news, but not bad news. What could he have to say? What bad news could there be? I only knew of good news. That was it. This was my final straw. If this news is as bad as Salim claims it to be, I'm not holding back. I will take the first flight out of here and straight to Australia. I had been patient enough, and now Sophie was getting on my last nerve.

"Good news first." I spoke into the phone.

"We have just discovered that Niall, Sophie's best friend, is her bodyguard. She's so crushed right now and has no trust for anyone. Meaning, no bodyguard." He chuckled.

I let out a hard laugh, "Perfect! Just what I needed! Now what's the bad news?" I asked. The other line went silent for a second.

"Just minutes ago, I saw Sophie kiss Zayn." The deep voice answered me.

"W-what?" I stammered. I felt my stomach sink into this great big whole. My throat began to tie its own little knots and my mouth went dry. This couldn't be true. Obviously little miss Sophie doesn't know how to take a hint.

"It's true. I called you up straight away." He said to me. It's sad that it had come to this. I already have the perfect plan in my head and worked out. It was flawless and even defenceless little Sophie couldn't stop me.

"Okay, I'm on the first flight out there." I told him, "Thanks, Rick."

SOPHIE'S POV:

Zayn and I climbed off the bed a few minutes later and I got back onto my crutches. It was a little after lunch time and I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I was a big food fan. The Robinson family was out for the day and it was just Zayn, and a couple of his bodyguards inside the house.

As we stepped into the kitchen, I saw the table for four already half occupied. There was a tall man with a shaved head's back to me and Paul was sitting opposite him. They were having a normal conversation when Paul looked up and saw me standing with Zayn.

"Hey, Sophie. Are you alright now?" Paul asked with a smile. The man Paul was talking to turned around and gave me a small smile. I recognised him straight away. It was Rick, the bodyguard that didn't believe I was Sophie the day I met Zayn.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled back to him. It was a little bit of a lie. I was still hurting inside, but Zayn made me feel so much better and at ease.

"Are you hungry?" Rick asked with a small smile on his face. I'm not the best at judging character, but Rick's smile almost looked a little fake. But I didn't care, I had been pulling fake smiles for a long time.

"Starving." I answered him. Rick glanced at my crutches. Zayn nodded and we both watched as Rick stood up and moved over to the fridge to start making us some sandwiches. He got out some lettuce, cucumber, tomato and cheese and some bread from the cupboard as he begun to make a salad sandwich.

"Thanks." I said and made my way to the table to sit down as Zayn grabbed the chair opposite. Once Rick had finished the sandwiches, he placed them in front of us and we munched on them straight away.

Maybe Rick wasn't such a bad guy? First impressions are big on me and maybe I judged him too soon. He seemed like a decent guy. He did his job well and he was good friends with Paul, I guessed. That's what it looked like anyway.

***********

It was about seven o'clock when I decided that I should go back home. I didn't plan on talking to anyone. I had dinner at the Robinson's house so I wouldn't have to worry about eating with anyone inside that house.

I snuck into the house overhearing Jane and Mitchell having a discussion in the lounge room. They both looked serious and I was guessing that he knew that I found out. He obviously knew about Niall, because who didn't?

"I think you need to give her space." Mitchell said.

"But I just want to talk to her. I knew she'd find out sooner or later..." Jane replied and sighed.

I rolled my eyes and made my way straight past them and struggled up the stairs to my room. I knew that they could see me and were definitely watching me, but I kept on walking. Niall would've gone home by now.

I went straight to bed without changing into my pyjamas or anything. I was so exhausted from today. So much tears, fighting, everything. But when I lied down, all these memories flashed through my mind. I knew they were bound to sooner or later.

Like when Harry dumped me and Niall was there, followed by Liam and Louis. Then that conversation with Mitchell the night before I met Zayn. Oh my god. When I mentioned Niall protecting and and they froze. And when I kissed Niall and Louis was pissed. When I thought back to it, I felt so stupid.

I slowly cuddled my knees up to my chin, even though my ankle was killing me, and drifted off while crying myself to sleep.

A/N: SORRRYYYY for the chapters being so boring lately! But I need to write all this stuff, because it all means something at some point. And I’m also soo sorry for it being so short! Don't worry, it gets better! :)

Thanks guys :) xoxx