Kate could remember how many years it took for her to have complete control and Lilith seemed to come to it with ease—the woman nearly bowing at her feet when she heard how she was in contact with a human within the first few hours of her change and didn't rip her apart; and with that information, Kate knew that Lilith was going to be able to handle anything thrown at her, including several different powers in one day. It was just going to be hard to teach her ones that Kate had no knowledge of.

     "Well, I have a good teacher." Lilith responded to calm Kate's intrusive thoughts before setting her eyes on the others, "Who's do we want to try next?"

" Lilith responded to calm Kate's intrusive thoughts before setting her eyes on the others, "Who's do we want to try next?"

     "There's sweet music here that softer falls than petals from blown roses on the grass." Lilith read softly to a half-asleep Diana who was curled into her side, cuddling onto a teddy bear given by Alice with Dakota tucked in to her other side. "Or night dews on still waters between walls of shadowy granite in a gleaming pass. Music that brings sweet sleep down from the blissful skies."

     Lilith looked down at her daughter, smiling when she saw her sound asleep in her arms finally. Whatever it was about that book, it worked wonders to make Diana fall asleep almost instantly that she didn't even need to use Jasper's gift to calm her. With one last look, she closed the book in her hands gently before putting it away and carefully moved to turn off the lamp that was giving the room a hint of light, and get out of the bed without disturbing her daughter from her sleep.

     "Mommy?" She heard Diana softly call out, the newborn's humming in response. "Is someone coming to hurt me?" She asked and Lilith's eyes softened.

     She wasn't aware that Diana knew of the danger that they were in—she hoped that they had remained oblivious to the whole thing. Diana was only a child and didn't need to worry about protecting herself from the Volturi because it was Lilith and Edward's job to do so. But, if there was anything that she had learnt from growing up, is that Diana deserved to know the truth whenever she asked for it. All Lilith wanted to do was promise to her daughter that there were never going to be any bad days in her life, but she couldn't promise that. Lilith wanted to promise that Diana would only experience good days and interesting days, but she knew there would be times were there were only bad. Their current situation being one of them.

     "I'll never let anybody hurt you." Was what Lilith settled with in response, because she could most definitely promise her daughter that—she would die by those words because she absolutely would never let any harm come to her daughter. "And neither will anyone else that's here, okay?" She told Diana, who gently nodded her head. Lilith watched as Diana's eyes drooped more and more, giving her a smile and brushing the blonde hairs out of her face as she let it lull her daughter to sleep, even more so when she snuggled herself into Lilith's side, "Go to sleep, baby." She whispered, continuing to watch as Diana put herself to sleep.