𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏ミ★ ( bewitched, act three ) ★彡

ミ★ ( bewitched, act three ) ★彡

Edward Cullen didn't hesitate to run after Lilith the second she ran out of the room and out towards the forestry. He had been using his human speed to chase after her but as soon as he believed they were deep enough into the trees and that he was safe from human eyes, he quickly sped in front of her and stopped her in her tracks.

"Why did you run away?" Edward worries.

     "Because I'm not worth all of this!" She shouted at Edward, her arms swinging up in frustration, "I'm not worth all of you dropping everything to run and protect me from the high priest or this newborn army, I'm not worth you all dying for me. I'm not worth any of it! Why can't you see that already?"

     "Hey!" Anger flared in his eyes as he gripped her face, "You are worth everything. You are worth all that and more to me, do you get that?" He told her, "I was willing to sit back and let you make your choices because I know I don't have a right to control you in any way, but, I'm at my breaking point now, and I refuse to let anything happen to you and I refuse to let you give yourself up."

     Tears swelled in her eyes, her guard around him dropping almost instantly as she whispered, "I don't want to see you hurt because of me." Just imaging them hurt caused more pain than anything the high priest or the newborn army could do to her, and she could only picture how much the pain would magnify if it were to actually happen.

     "And I don't want to see you hurt at all." Edward expressed, "I've been going out of my mind just not having you by my side, and knowing that you hate me because of what I've done to you. But, even after how much I hate that, I know I would rather that any day over you actually being dead or if you were to become a dark witch."

     "I just don't see what is so worth it about me that everyone is going through this to protect me." She admitted and Edward's eyes faltered as he realised how much his words had affected her when he broke up with her. He could tell that he had broken her confidence within herself and she had deemed herself unworthy of any form of love or safety, and that broke him inside because he was the cause of it all—and while she had gotten better from when he first left according to Bella, he could see that they would have a long way to go still until she truly believed in herself once more.

     Which is something he is planning on staying until they reach that part of her again, because he owed it to her to do that. And he wanted that for her. But, he could see why she was so unwilling to forgive him because that means it's another chance for him to ruin her once more by harming her emotionally and mentally before disappearing once more.