Chapter 60: A Day Ruined By Strangers

"We should really give him a name!"

Hearing Indra say this made Krishna release a questioning hum before turning to look at him.

"You know, that little buzzard right over there!" Indra added as he pointed towards the black bird neatly sitting atop the girl's left shoulder. "He's been sticking around us a lot lately, it's like he really doesen't wanna leave at all. So, what better way to welcome him into the pack than to give him a name!"

Letting out a loud hum, the prodigy then began thinking to himself what kind of name could be perfect for this intelligent black bird. A few seconds later, it seems he has finally found the perfect name he was looking for.

"Well, since he's got dark feathers and all, why don't we call him Kuro?"

And just like that, hearing the prodigy say those very words, the last one in particular, the dark bird then shot it's head up and released a loud caw.

"Huh, I dunno what that means, but I sure hope he likes it. That's the only name I could think of for him!"

I. Am. Sure. He. Loves. It.!. Krishna happily handsigned before raising one hand to lightly tickle the bird's feathery throat.

With the basket finished, the container was now filled with the many lotus roots the prodigy collected from earlier. Not only that, the basket was as well carried by the male himself, now back dressed in his ninshu robes as he and his female companion strolled through the very same forest path they took to head to the muddy pond. So with the correct items finally gathered, it was time for both Indra and Krishna to go back home. Speaking of which...

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask, what are you planning to do with these, anyway?"

Of course, what Indra was actually referring to was the basket full of lotus roots within his arms.

"I could only guess that you're going to cook something out of it, since you seem to take a liking to your new hobby in the kitchen." Turning to look at the girl walking alongside him, he then continued "So, mind telling me what are you gonna cook this time!"

Strangely enough, the albino female did nothing in response to his questions. Instead, she just let out what appears to sound like a mischievous giggle as she raised a hand and draw her index finger close to her bandaged lips. It didn't take much for the prodigy to figure out that the girl was gesturing that whatever motivation she had behind this scheme, she sure was keeping it all hidden.

Or maybe she was just keeping it a secret only from him, and this possibility honestly pissed the brunette quite a bit. This was made clear of the way how he lowly growled under his breath as well as felt one of his eyes twitch out of annoyance.

"Hey, I was dead serious when I told you that you can be really annoying!" He sneered at the female before loudly huffing in slight anger and whipping his head to look away from her.

Unfazed at all by the male's anger, Krishna just finds him quite adorable when he's mad, especially the cute little pouts he always made. And she couldn't help but lift a fist close to her face and lightly giggled. As always, seeing her making fun of him in such tiny way always ticked him off.

However, she was greatly lucky that she was close to him. Otherwise, she may end up receiving more than just a glare from him. But still, seeing her all giddy and cheerful like that had somewhat mysteriously magic all that anger and irritation inside of him away.

And deny it as much as he wants, seeing the happy look in her eyes and hearing her light and heartfelt giggles of pure innocence and joy, those are a one of the many few things left that he dearly and absolutely downright lov- liked! Yes, liked was the word he was looking for. It was like, totally like, not anything else. All for just one stupid wrong word, the genius' mind was suddenly turned into a heating jumbled mess.