Chapter 14: Tale Of The Little Drunkard

Looked to be determined to learn, there the pale girl sat before the small table as she continued to write on a piece of parchment with a brush in her hand. She then abruptly paused from her actions the very moment she heard loud knocking noises coming from her chamber's door. Whipping her head at said direction, her features then began to lit as she stood up and trotted her way towards it.

Reaching the door, she immediately swung the shoji open, obviously exited to see a certain adorable brunette she had been waiting all day to see. However, the very boy was nowhere to be seen. Instead, there standing before her was a demonic creature with razor sharp fangs for teeth, long horns protruding from it's head and to top it all, it had a horrifyingly hideous face.

"Roar!" The creature growled with both it's hands raised in the air, as if it was showing off it's dominance towards the smaller helpless girl.

Like any other normal person in this world who so happens to have witnessed the very same thing, the girl, despite her mouth completely wrapped in bandages, she was somewhat able to let out a terrified shriek. Out of fear and panic probably, she squeezed her eyes shut, quickly drew her head back and shot it back forwards with full force, headbutting the creature and making it let out a pained yelp in the process. This as well made said demonic creature fall backwards and land on the floor with a loud thud.

The albino girl then slowly opened one eye and then the other to see what had exactly happened to the beast. Her white eyes then widened to the size of dinner plates, because instead of finding the horrid creature, there sitting on the floor was the familiar boy himself. For reasons unknown to her, he was rubbing a hand on his forehead and groaning in pain.

"Ow! Now that's definitely gonna leave a ma-"

He abruptly interrupted himself with a small squeal the very moment he felt a pair of hands grab on to his collar and pulled him forwards. He eventually realized that it was just the pale girl herself and had successfully pulled him into the room before swiftly slamming the door close. Turning towards the boy, she then soon afterwards grabbed on to both his shoulders and began violently shaking him.

"Krishna! Why...are...you...shaking...me?!" Indra whined in between each movement.

Finally stopping, she then handsigned the following:

Are. You. Crazy.?!. What. Were. You. Doing.?!. Didn't. You. See. There. Was. A. Monster. Out. There.?!.

Hearing this, seeing this actually, the brunette just awkwardly stood there with a blank look on his face. A few seconds later, for some reason, he ended up letting out a soft chuckle. Obviously confused why he was acting this way whilst there was a 'monster' lurking nearby, she took a hold of his shoulders and abruptly shook him once more.

Grabbing on to her panicking hands in order to calm her down, Indra then made them both stop shaking.

"Calm down, Krishna, it's alright!"

Letting go of her, he then turned away from the girl to face the shoji doors. But right when he was about to swing it open, he was obviously stopped by the girl when she grabbed a hold of his wrist on the very same hand that was close to the sliding door and pressed her head against his shoulder. Indra instantly new that she was frightened, for his sake he assumes, the 'monster' could be ready to pounce on him at any moment.

Letting out a sigh, he slowly peeled the mighty grip of her cold hand off his wrist and, gave her a reassuring smile

"Don't worry, Krishna. There's nothing to be afraid of!"

With that, he swung the door open and exited the room, causing the albino to indeed panic. However, what came after was rather odd for anyone to comprehend or understand. Because what happened afterwards, which left even the girl in a bit of shock was the very fact that the boy had just came back in one piece.