Chapter 3: The Child In White

There appeared at the entrance of the wooden gates of the compound the two familiar brunettes as their dark eyes starred at the open meadow horizon that stood before them in search of something, rather someone in particular. Both of their eyes then caught from a far distance a familiar tall figure dressed in white walking down the path that led directly towards them, it's bright silhouette coming closer to them by every second that passed.

"Father!" Ashura shouted.

And it seems as though both brothers couldn't wait any longer, so instead of patiently waiting by the open gates for him to come, the younger brother pushed his and began trotting towards the figure with the older one closely following behind, just for the sake of immediately meeting their Father from the absence of the span of just merely one night. Since Indra seemed to be more skilled and athletic than his little brother ever was, he was ended up running ahead of the young boy despite running first. Anyway, as the two boys continued on running closer and closer towards the said man, their faces lit up even more when it was fully confirmed within their minds that the very person they were nearing was indeed their Father.

However, in spite of the joy the boys were feeling upon seeing their Father come home safely to them, the two simultaneously suddenly stopped in their tracks with panting breaths when their eyes were able to notice that something wasn't right. But the two just merely brush those thoughts away and their attentions intensely focused only in watching their Father walk closer and closer towards them. It only took the older man a few more steps before stopping in his tracks as well, during the very moment he was a few meters before his two sons.

"Father, you're back!" Ashura exclaimed, happiness and relief was clear in his tone as he made a wide and goofy grin across his face.

"We're glad that you're able to return safely!" Indra added, a relieved smile was also present in his face.

Hearing those warm and welcoming words coming from both of his sons, a gentle smile immediately made it's across his aged lips.

"I'm happy myself to see the both of you come all the way here just to meet me here" he smiled. "So, how were things in the headquarters while I was gone?"

The memory of the axe incident then suddenly flashed in both of the two brothers' minds causing their bodies to jerk a bit, breaths to hitch and beads of sweat to appear in the back of their heads.

"Nothing much, just the normal usual stuff that's been going around lately!" Ashura laughed in an awkward and nervous tone.

"Yes, nothing out of the ordinary really happened while you were away, so no worries!" Indra added with the same mixed tones.

"I see..."

Out of nowhere, a loud tiny sneezing noise had suddenly filled the open air surrounding them, leaving the three to fall into an awkward silence. For some reason, Indra then turned his head towards his younger brother and shoot a raised an eyebrow at him.

"What?! It wasn't me!" Ashura glared a bit.

"Oh, I deeply apologize!" Their Father suddenly said, making both brothers turn their attentions towards him. "I believe I have almost forgotten something very important." He then for some odd reason, twisted his head to look from behind from over his shoulder as he added "There's no reason to hide any longer, these two are just my sons, so you don't have to be afraid!"

These words had left the two brunettes in complete confusion on what he had possibly meant by that and made them look each other for a moment to share their same bewilderments only to turn back in looking in front of them, but the biggest question that was lingering from within their heads was, who exactly was their Father talking to? Can't be either of the brothers of, because he was obviously looking at none of them, as well as the fact that he just mentioned their names. That's until their questions were eventually answered when there appeared from behind the older man's white robes a mysterious short figure in white. The said figure then emerged from it's hiding spot and fully revealed itself to the two boys, but was still standing closley by the man's side.