Chapter 36: The Mending Of Broken Bonds

From within a chamber that looked to be a large study room, there sat before a long desk was a familiar pale man. His purple eyes closely red every single word on the book before him. For some strange reason, the reason why the room was very dim was due to the fact that every single window of the room was completely covered by thick curtains, blocking any sunlight from entering. The only sources of light that lit the area however were only a few candles that hung from the walls, including the one on a candle stand on his very own desk.

Heaving out a deep sigh, he closed the book and placed it aside

Heaving out a deep sigh, he closed the book and placed it aside. Afterwards, with his elbow atop the desk, he then rested his forehead against his palm, his arm supporting his head. This went on for a few moments, that's until he pulled his head away to drop and look down.

With his free hand, he then hooked his fingers around the handle of the upper left drawer of his desk. He then began to slowly slide it open, that's until suddenly, the sounds of a soft knock made him quickly slid the drawer close and turn towards where he thought it may have come from. He soon realized that it was only coming from the chamber's doors.

"Who is it?"

Whomever it was, they decided to slide the door open and invited themselves in, only to reveal a young brunette boy.

"Indra?"

The man then spotted the quite noticeable but slightly healed bruises on the boy's forehead and cheek.

"What on earth happened to your face?"

The same as when his brother questioned him earlier, all the young male did was rub his nape as he said the very same nervous reply "It's a long story!"

And just like his younger sibbling, his father too shot him a suspicious look.

"Anyhow, what is it you want, my son?"

Awkwardly fiddling with his fingers as an attempt to ease the building nervousness within him, he shifted in his place before for some reason, hesitantly replying "The other night, you mentioned that I should go and talk to you if I ever have any problems. So..."

"I see! But unfortunately, I am very busy at the moment."

As soon as he heard these words, it honestly disappointed young Indra, making him stuck his lower lip out into a pout.

"I understand!" Was all he said before spinning himself and was ready to exit the room.

"However..."

Hearing this caught the boy's attention, making him twist his head over his shoulder to see to meet gazes with his father, only to be left a bit shocked when he found the man's lips now in a small smirk.

"It wouldn't hurt for me to spare a few moments spending time with my son."

The moment the information had registered within this mind, an ecstatic look appeared on his face when he fully faced his parent with huge glittering eyes and his mouth wide open in a beaming smile.