Chapter 30: Not According To Plan

Now with the little pup strolling alongside them, there the trio and the shiba traveled through the crowded and festive streets of the village.

Drawing his face close to his older brother, Ashura whispered to him as they walked "Hey, Elder Brother! Can't help but notice, Sis has been a little quieter than usual, if you know what I mean!"

Simultaneously twisting their heads over their shoulders to look at the girl trailing behind them, the brothers then found her eyes narrowed into a deep look and starring down on the ground.

"Krishna?"

Hearing the male's voice, her eyes snapped open and she lifted her head to look at him, signalling him that she was listening.

"You doing alright back there, Sis? Are you not feeling OK or something?" Worriedly asked the younger brunette.

Gently closing her eyes in a cheery way and raising one hand to lightly wave it, the brothers immediately knew she was gesturing to them that she was indeed alright. In addition, she gave Indra a reassuring squeeze on the very hand she was holding on to. Receiving the girl's message, the two brunettes then either smiled or breathed a relief.

Turning their heads back in place, with that, the three children and the dog then continued on making their way through the crowd.

"Alright! So, Elder Brother! Where are we going to find the perfect lanterns anyway?"

"Dunno! That's exactly why I'm taking you two along with me, I don't want to end up choosing the wrong lanterns for you guys."

As the brothers continued to chatter with the eldest dragging the girl along with him, either of them three were unable to notice the figure draped in a dark cloak strolling nearby and accidentally bumped into them. It was as if the world was suddenly switched into slow motion when ever so slowly, both Krishna and Indra's eyes widened in shock as they both saw and felt their once tightly interlocked hands slipping away from each other.

"Krishna!" Indra shouted with one hand stretched out and was about to snatch back her very own.

But it was too late, another passerby walked in between them and a second later, she was gone. This of course panicked the brothers and made them whip their heads both left and right in search for the albino, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"What the?! She's gone?!" Exclaimed young Ashura.

"She was just there a second ago, not again!" Whined the older one.

What they were once again unaware of was that the same cloaked stranger that had somewhat separated the girl from the two brothers was silently watching them from a nearby dark alleyway. It's dark shadowy face had this malicious grin as it amusingly watch the two males desperately look for the albino. That until it's entire figure disappeared into the shadows of the darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------

Abruptly whipping her head both left and right, the pale girl had this terrified look stuck on her face from behind her hannya mask as she too desperately searched for her two companions. What's worst was that unlike them two, she could neither speak nor shout their names to call out for them. What could only do however was heavily breathe and let out light whimpers as she continued to search for either of the brothers or both.

Another thing that intensely worried her was the thought of being all alone and surrounded by these many people whom are complete strangers to her. That's until the sound of a familiar soft bark caught her attention. Dropping her head to see, there happily panting and wagging it's tail was none other than little Shiro himself.