Chapter 20: Just The Three Of Us

Turning back to the basement chamber, there sat both the young girl and boy, just minding their own businesses as they sat before the small table. As previously mentioned, the girl had a brush in one hand and she looked to be drawing on a piece of paper. As for the boy, with a bored look on his face, he let out a loud and exhausting sigh as he continued to 'read' and 'study' the book in his hand.

That's until both young children then heard the door slid open. Simultaneously turning their heads to see, and there they found the familiar older boy making his way inside the room, a small tray what looked to be a plate of cakes and two cups of presumably tea in both his hands.

"Elder Brother!" Exclaimed young Ashura as he quickly got up from where he sat and sprinted to stand before the third child in the room.

However, the lit expression on the younger brunette's face suddenly melted into a one of concern when he noticed that his brother's head hanging low, allowing his bangs to hide his eyes and a large frown was shown on his lips. One look at this cold expression, the younger boy instantly knew that there was something going on with him.

"Elder Brother, are you OK?"

Thankfully, he was able to hear his younger brother's voice and snapped out of his thoughts.

"S-Sorry! Yeah, I'm alright! It's nothing to worry about though!" Indra replied reassuringly.

The younger boy raised an eyebrow in suspicion at first, but was somewhat convinced when he said in a more unsure tone "Uhhh...Okay?!" Grabbing a hold of the tray in his big brother's hands, he then added "Let me get that for ya!"

Right when the eldest was about say something in protest, his little brother immediately swiped the tray from his hands, surprisingly and thankfully not dropping the entire thing and turned away to place it all atop the only table the room provided. Now all that is already taken care of, the boy then immediately grabbed two of the sweet treats in each of his hands and as always began shoving them down his mouth. Even his older brother, whom had been watching in the sidelines, was debating regarding the reason why, whether it was out of the kindness of his heart or the boy just wanted to eat already.

But either way, this boy is his little brother and he loves him, just the thought of it makes whatever bad feeling that had been bothering seem like it never existed in the first place and being replaced by curving a gentle smile on his lips. Slowly making his way to sit by the two, he then noticed the very few books and papers filled with random drabbles.

"Looks a lot like you two were busy!" He giggled.

"Obviously! Remember, you're basically the genius who told us to do so!" Glared his younger brother, his mouth was still full of the sponge cakes.

As some sort of comment, Indra couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

"Yeah! Sorry about that!" He nervously chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck the. Dropping his arm back to his side, he added "Well, look in the bright side, I'm already done with my turn. And that leaves to you now, Ashura. So, what do you wanna do?"

Placing his thumb and index finger below his chin, Ashura then let out a hum and began to think.

Loudly snapping with his thumb and middle finger, he replied "Oh, I know! Tell us a story!"

"Ashura, remember during Krishna's turn, I already told the story about Ibaraki Doji. And you want another one?"

"Tell another one then! Wait, how about you tell us a scary story?"

Indra thought about it for a moment, but he eventually let out a sigh and replied "Well, it's your turn after all." Turning towards the girl, he then asked "What about you, Krishna? Is that alright with you?"