Chapter 28: A Human's True Mask

"I am very sorry! Please, allow me to pay for the damages!"

Now standing before the entrance of the very building the trio were previously in, Indra has his head bowing down low in an apologetic way.

"Nah, there's no need of for that!!"

Raising himself to meet the one who said those very words, which turns out to be the long-necked woman from earlier, and turns out to be a normal human being the same as he.

"Are you sure, Miss? I am after all the one who kicked the woman dressed as the Nopperabo."

"That's alright, kid! We're quite used to it by now." Resting both her hands on either sides of her hips, she sighed "Besides, it's honestly a lot better than those other cases of those nasty pervs trying to touch the actresses anyway. But you three are just kids, I honestly understand that you would use force to defend yourselves against something very terrifying."

Raising a hand to rub the back of his head, Indra awkwardly let out a chuckle and said "Well, I have to admit. The Nopperabo did gave me a bit of fright." His face then turned into a worried look on his as he added in the same tone "I hope she's alright though."

"Oh, she's fine...probably! But the real question is..." Tilting her head to look behind the young brunette, she added "Is the little dude over there alright?!"

Twisting his head over his shoulder to see, he then found his poor baby brother still whimpering within the arms of the pale white girl.

Turning his head to look back at the woman before him, he replied "It looks like he's still in the middle of recovering from the horrors he had just witnessed, but he's alright though!"

"Now that's a relief! And we're terribly sorry for scaring the poor boy!"

"That's alright! It is called 'The House Of Horrors' after all, you guys are just doing your jobs. Oh, and by the way, if I may ask, my little brother said that the one that literally scared him the most was the dark shadow. So, can you please tell whoever was dressed like that to ease up his or her performance? He or she may have done a great job in scaring my brother, but I think it's a little too much. "

The woman however just shot him a raised eyebrow and a confused expression on her face.

"Dark Shadow? What are you talking about, Kid?" The woman said, causing young Indra to have a bewildered look on his own face. "There was no one in our staff dressed up as something like that. There was no one stationed there where we found you three in, because the area was too dark and in disrepair. Plus, it couldn't be the one dressed as the Nopperabo, because she was only tasked to jumpscare you kids from behind, not up front."

That...That can't be! Ashura may have a bit of a wide imagination, but it's absolutely not like him to imagine something that could nearly scare him to death. If that dark shadow is not one of them, what was it then?

"Hey, Kid! You alright!"

Hearing the woman's voice made him wake up from his thoughts and snap back to look at her.

"Oh, it's nothing! Just forget what I said. After all, most of the creatures you guys featured are probably just as harmless as the people dressed up in them. But in spite of the fact that they do not cause any harm towards humans, that doesn't mean they won't give off a bit of a fright, except for the Nue of course. And you guys did a great job in representing them."

"Oh, why thank you! I'm glad you've noticed, Kid!"

"Just keep up the good work!" Indra said before spinning to make his way towards the younger pair behind him. That's when he suddenly stopped, turned to look back at the lady and yelled "And a word of advice, you guys should really put up signs regarding age limit or restrict harming the actors to avoid something like this to happen again!"