Chapter 4: These Sudden Questions

The night eventually passed, and the dawn of the sun rose up into the sky. It was but a peaceful morning, accompanied by the sound of soft birds chirping during their wake. From within the household, a small familiar little puppy had entered a certain study chamber from underneath an entrance that was covered by a curtain.

It's beady black eyes instantly landed on a boy napping with his head atop his arm and against the wooden desk before him and a blanket covering his entire body. The pup was well aware that this very boy wasn't it's master, but it immediately recognizes him to be someone who at least was very close to him. So it innocently wagged it's fluffy tail back and forth and began trotting it's way towards the sleeping child.

It bent it's upper half down then leapt atop the desk where the boy's head was laid. It then came closer to the boy's face and began licking his cheek with the use of it's tiny tongue, seemingly attempting to wake the child up from his slumber. It continued on licking, that's until the sleeping boy's eyebrows knitted together and his lips letting out tiny moans. Eventually, his eyes then finally began to flutter open, only to be met with a tiny puppy continously licking his face.

"Sh-Shiro?!" He muttered tiredly.

In spite of him already awake, the pup just continued on licking his face, probably to either keep him from falling back to sleep or the fact that the tiny dog would not stop until he was standing up and fully awake.

The pup's attack of licks then made him giggle a bit and laugh as he lightly pushed the pup away from his face "Shiro, stop! That tickles! Alright, alright, I'm awake!"

And with that, the dog then obeyed the young boy and slowly backed away from him. He as well kept his word, rose up from the desk and began rubbinh one eye. That's when he was able to notice the blanket around his shoulders, surprising him a bit.

Gripping the blanket that covered his bicep, a soft smile curved across his lips when he realized what it was.

"Ashura!" He smiled.

This then made him once more stood up a bit, stretch his head to take a glimpse from the otherside of his desk, only to discover that his little brother was indeed missing, confirming his thoughts. Indra then turned his gaze to the dog, realizing that it had already hopped off his desk and was being the innocent little pup it was with it's beady eyes starring right at him.

"I'm guessing Ashura has already woken up before I did" he asked the puppy. "That's what I get for staying up all night."

Shiro had somewhat replied to him with a single tiny cheerful bark.

"I'll take that as a yes then" he chuckled and reached his hand out to pet the dog right behind it's ear. "Say, why don't we head out and look for him, does that sound like a great idea?"

 "Say, why don't we head out and look for him, does that sound like a great idea?"

Once more, the puppy just happily barked as some sort of answer to his question.

This tiny gesture only made his smile turn into a grin, stood up from where he knelt and announced "Then what are we waiting for? Come on!"