Chapter 5: Expect The Unexpected

Placing down the catfish, now turned into a large platter of Kabayaki. As well as the carp, that went through the indescribable process of being sliced, cooked and sauced that led it into terrible fate of becoming a grilled meal on a dinner table. However, that did not deny the fact both fish dishes then began to release an irresistable aroma and eventually incase the entire room.

With his elbow atop the table and his hand leaned against his head, the long haired boy just sat there in silence as he starred deeply down at the mouthwatering dish before him

With his elbow atop the table and his hand leaned against his head, the long haired boy just sat there in silence as he starred deeply down at the mouthwatering dish before him. Despite how tasty it looked, it somewhat had no power to even the slightest cheer the boy up as he boredly tapped his chopsticks against the hard surface wood.

"You seem to be in deep thought about something, Indra" a familiar deep voice was suddenly heard, causing the said boy to whip his head to the source, his gaze was then met with the man sitting at the far right of the table. "Is there something bothering you?"

"Yeah Elder Brother!" Added a familiar squeezy one, leading him to face to the source as well, only to find a the dunce sitting across of him with his teeth grinding on a piece of grilled fish. "You've been starring at your dinner for a long time now. I mean, can you even hear your stomach? It's been growling this entire time."

"Oh, I must've spaced out, I apologize!" He said and finally took a small piece of the fish in his platter and ate it.

The younger boy just sat there and watched his elder brother eat his own meal. Ashura felt a bit relieved to see Indra eat, but was as well a bit worried that he instead was just taking smaller bites than usual. However, he decided not to question him further, knowing that his brother would either reassure him that there was nothing wrong with him nor simply deny the fact.

After all, he did exactly that earlier, and the result was indeed the same. So he just kept his mouth shut by taking in a massive chunk of the catfish, leaving the Father and his two sons to continue eating in silence. As Ashura gulped down the fish, that's when he finally was able to notice something odd as his dark orbs darted from left and right.

"Hey Father, where is she?" He asked the older man, in turn making the said man to look at him whilst he continued to chew his own meal. "You know, Krishna. Since it's dinner time, isn't she gonna eat?"

The old man hummed for a moment before replying instantly "She's just resting in her chamber!"

"Really?" Ashura said a bit surprised. "Well then..." He stood up from where he sat and added "I'll go and get her."

Right when he was about to fully get up, he was suddenly stopped just by the sound of his brother's voice.

"Ashura, wait!"

This thankfully made the boy freeze from his position, look at his brother with a confused look on his face and waited for his brother to continue.

"I think it's best if we don't disturb her for now, in second thought, it sounds like she doesen't want to be bothered, so don't bother her. If she doesn't want to eat, then it's best to leave her be."