Chapter 12: A Moment With Strangers

There sitting atop a small table were multiple mouthwatering meals that has ever existed in this vast world. These delightful delicacies consisted of the seaweed wrapped sushi, the golden deep-fried tempura, the fragrant pork curry with rice, the five sauced tender yakitori and the large bowl of gyudon sitting in the middle of the entire thing. However, despite how mouthwatering these looked, the dark-haired woman that sat before all this just starred down at them with narrowed and worried eyes as she let out a silent whine.

"What's the matter?"

This made the very woman snap out of her thoughts and turn towards the source, her gaze meets with the young brunette she had just met earlier. Currently, both she and the boy were now sitting on one of the very few tables the building has provided, presumably a restaurant perhaps. As for the little pup, whom the brunette was accompanied by was for some reason nowhere to be seen.

Probably due to the building's policies of pet restrictions.

"You don't like it? If not, then I'll just-"

"No, please don't get the wrong idea!" The young lady said reassuringly with her two hands raised in defense. Lowering them down, the same for her head and her gaze, she continued "It's just that, I feel really bad for you. I'm quite thankful that I won't be needing to worry about paying that apple merchant from earlier, really I am. But you paying for that, in addition to all this, don't you think this is a litte too much? We're just strangers to you."

"I see, to tell you honestly, I'm not so sure myself either" the boy sighed, confusing the young woman a bit. "All I can say I guess is that I just thought it's the right thing to do, that's why. Besides, you said it yourself, you guys don't have any money. Plus, I can tell that none of you haven't eaten anything yet from this morning."

With a hand hovering above her lips, she said in a quite shocked tone "Huh? Oh my! How can you tell?"

"Well..." Indra trailed off as he lifted a hand to scratch the back of his hair. "I too haven't had breakfast this morning myself, so yeah!" He laughed nervously as beads of sweat appeared at the back of his head.

"Is that so!" The lady chuckled at how pathetic he may have looked. "In that case, why don't you dig in as well?"

Hearing this, the boy then shot the woman a surprised look.

"You did pay all this after all. I would be much more comfortable now when you're eating along with me."

Indra opened his mouth and was about to say something. That's when suddenly, he felt something tug on a few strands of his long hair, causing him to hiss in pain. Twisting his head a bit to follow those very specific strands towards his right, what he found was a widely grinning little toddler with tiny hands tightly holding on to his brown locks.

"Now, now you! Haven't you caused enough trouble already?!" The Woman scolded, towards the child obviously. "Quit bothering him, come back here right now you!"

"I won't, I won't!" Said kid whined in protest, getting up to take a seat atop the older boy's right lap.

The grown woman was indeed very irritated when she heard her own child talking back at her, causing her to pout, silently growl and shoot a glare at the little roach.

"Don't worry, Miss. It's alright! Your kid can sit here, if the little guy wants to that is!" Indra smiled reassuringly, only to silently yelp when the so called "little guy" giggled and pulled the strands that framed the right side of his face. "Besides, I'm quite used to it myself, watching over little ttroublemakers like this one right here and all."

"Uh huh?" The child's mother hummed and nodded in disbelief. "Are you sure about that, Young Man? Because that little package can be a bit of a handful!"