Chapter 39: Getting To Know Each Other

Slowly coming to from his deep slumber, an intense aching pain then shot through his entire head. Placing a hand on his forehead as an attempt to ease it up a bit, he then used that very same hand to rub on one tired eye. That's when suddenly, both his eyes then widened in horrifying realization as soon as he remembered the events that had happened last night.

Shooting up from where he lied, the young brunette heavily panted as he whipped his head both left and right to scout the area. Only to find that there was nothing than the ordinary, that was except for the fact that the area was now lit with warm sunlight, making him assume that it was obviously already morning.

Frantically placing his hands to feel and touch every single one of his body parts, he panickingly asked himself "I'm still alive, right?! No missing body parts, no missing nothing?!"

Besides all that, what he also realized is that he was still at the exact same place where he and his little brother were cornered by those dreaded dark wolves and nearly devoured. Speaking of little brother...

"Ashura!"

That's when the sound of soft snoring then caught his attention. Turning his head towards the source, he soon found out that it was none other than said little brother himself, sleeping soundly on the soft grass, a line of drool on the corner of his lips.

Placing a hand on the younger boy's shoulder, Indra began lightly shaking his brother awake and softly said "Ashura, Ashura, wake up!"

Releasing a low moan, the boy only retorted as he slapped his older brother's hand away "Five more minutes!"

After a few seconds of returning back into his peaceful slumber, Ashura's very own eyes shot wide open in realization and he too abruptly sat up from his lying position.

Smacking both his hands at every single body part he could touch, he too frantically yelled "Oh, God! I'm dead! No, we're dead, Elder Brother! We're dead!"

"Ashura, calm-"

He was cut off from his words when he suddenly felt a pair of hands grab on to his shoulders and then being violently shaken.

"But I'm too young to die! This can't be real! Please tell me it was a bad dream! It's just a bad dream!"

"Ashura, get a hold of yourself!" Was all Indra said before slapping his younger brother by the cheek, loud enough for a smacking noise to be heard, but not hard enough to cause a bruise.

But the important part was that it successfully made the boy stop from his panic attack and froze in his place.

Seeming to have finally calm down a bit, Ashura sighed "Thanks, Elder Brother! I needed that. But..." Raising a hand to rub that very same cheek his brother smacked at, he whined "It still hurts, you know!"

"Sorry, I had to calm you down somehow! Besides..." Standing up in his two feet, he continued "There's no need to worry, Ashura! I'm very certain that none of us are already dead. Plus, I believe what happened last night wasn't a dream either."

"Does that mean that white wolf we saw yesterday was real too?" Ashura asked as he too stood up from where he sat.

Remiscing the image of the white wolf with glowing purple eyes within his mind starring right at his soul, Indra simply replied "I guess so! I don't know what happened afterwards, but from the looks of it, we blacked out for some reason. Anyways, we've been here for far too long, I think we should really head back." Snatching his little brother's wrist, he added "Come on, let's get going!"

With that, Indra then began leading his brother towards the direction of their home. And this time, without any dangers or obstacles along the way.