Chapter 33: What Is Wrong With This Monk?

Lightly pressing a white cloth against the dark mark on his head, Indra lightly hissed at the touch.

"Sorry, young Lad!" Apologized the blond monk before him. "I'll try to be more careful this time!"

"That's alright!" The boy reassuringly said with a kind of smile.

As the young brunette simply sat still on a stool, the older male then continued to treat his bruise on his upper right forehead. The sound of a light wooden clattering noise soon caught the boy's attention and made him turn towards the source. Indra then found the familiar brunette monk nearby standing before a large wagon and what he can assume is neatly placing the short bamboo stalks he was carrying on a big pile within said vehicle.

As soon as the younger monk was finished, there was a brief moment his mismatched eyes were met with his dark onyx ones. All Indra did was gave him a friendly grin and a light wave. The monk however just shot him a glare before letting out a huff as he spun himself and began walking away.

The young brunette felt a bit ashamed for his action as he dropped his hand and narrow his brows into a worried gaze.

"Is he always like this? Or he's just in a very bad mood today?"

"Beleieve me, whenever he meets someone new, there is not one time that either he or the other ends up with a black eye or worst!" The monk sighed, his eyes and concentration not taken away from his work. "In other words, yes! That kid has always been as compulsive as this."

"Oh, I see!" The brunette quietly breathed out. "Anyways, if I may ask, it was you guys who performed the Kabuki theatre of the Star Lovers last night, right?"

"Why yes, I'm glad you noticed! So, did you enjoy the play?"

"Indeed I have!" Raising a hand to rub the back of his neck, the boy then awkwardly continued "Although, romance is not really my favorite kind of story, but I loved how accurate your portrayal was of the tale. And my favorite was of course the music, the sound of the shamisen indeed made the play more realistic."

Twisting his head over his shoulder, the blond then shouted "You hear that Bro, he says your music was amazing!"

In spite of the fact he was being praised for his wonderful musical talent, he however rudely clicked his teeth and simply ignored them. The blond just rolled his eyes out of his bad attitude before turning back to continue treating the boy's bruise.

Lightly placing a soft patch above the dark ugly mark, he then drew himself away and announced "There, all done!"

Lifting his hand to touch his now patched up bruise, Indra smiled "Thank you!"

Letting out a chuckle, the man then grinned as he rubbed the back of his neck "Not at all, kid! I was just simply doing my-"

"Hey, you!"

Both the monk and the boy jolted a bit by the sudden booming voice. Simultaneously whipping their heads to see, they then found a familiar man who looked to be way older than the very two monks Indra has met before. And judging by his bald head as well as the same dark robes as the younger two, he too is presumed to be a monk himself.

"Quit slacking around! Remember, we have a job to finish!" He continued.

"S-Sorry Master!" The blond stuttered in his apology before quickly getting up from his half-kneeling position and scurrying away.

Averting his dark eyes towards the young boy awkwardly shifting in his stool, with his eyebrow raised, he asked "And who might you be?"

"Uhhh...well...I...uhhh..."