Chapter 19: The Day Only Gets Weirder

A pair of onyx orbs ever so slowly fluttered open, suddenly widening as a look of realization then appeared on the boy's face as soon as they were met with a familiar scene before him

A pair of onyx orbs ever so slowly fluttered open, suddenly widening as a look of realization then appeared on the boy's face as soon as they were met with a familiar scene before him. Darkness, endless, complete utter nothingness, this nearly drove him to the brink of terror if only he wasn't in complete control of his very own emotions.

"What...What am I doing here? Why am I back?! Why now?!"

His voice was shaking and dishevelled, even his teeth could be heard letting out clattering sounds as a single bead of sweat trickled down the side of his cheek. Unlike the last, he couldn't twist or turn his head, he could barely even lift a finger. He was completely paralyzed at this point, but the only thing he could move however was his eyes as they searched for any possible means of escape since his head won't budge.

He too has a rapidly rising and falling chest as he felt as if it was hard to even breathe. What's worse is that he could feel his entire body lying down on a solid flat surface, making him both look and feel very vulnerable. And another thing to point out is that he was basically well aware that he was in this dream, he even had trouble thinking whether this was even a dream himself.

"Please, wake me up!"

The way he quietly said those words in a surprisingly calm way, that adds up to how unspeakably terrified he was. His breath then suddenly hitched when from out of nowhere, a familiar glowing white figure was now hovering above his immobile body. And yet again, it would be shocking to see him this calm.

Probably it was because he was too unmovable right now or maybe the fear froze him stone cold. His dark eyes were fully focused on what he thought where it's eyes were, or where he thought it should've been.

"Who...What are you?"

It was a stupid question, he knows. Even he had no idea why he even asked in the first place. Curiosity maybe, or the fact that he was basically not in the right mind at the very moment. Anyway, as some sort of odd response, the creature above him lowered what he assumed was it's head until probably it's face was near the left side of his neck.

His stiff body shivered and he sucked in a breath when he felt something cold fan against his skin. He then swallowed down a lump in his throat when he heard something odd, which sounded like a breath sharply inhaling.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Elder Brother, wake up!"

Snapping his eyes wide open and letting out a sharp yelp, he swiftly jumped up from where he lied, but ended up colliding his forehead on something hard. Holding his now painful head, he then let out a loud pained whine, only to be accompanied by another all too familiar one. Turning his head to the source, he soon found none other than his little, he too was clutching his own forehead seemingly in pain.

It then hit him that whilst shouting out for him to be awakened, the younger boy's inverted face was hovering over his very own. As a result, both their foreheads crashed against each other with such great force when he shot up.