Chapter 23: What Is This Feeling?

Gracefully landing on the forest floor from a high tree, Indra then gently placed the girl back on her two feet.

"I'm sorry the ride was a bit bumpy again, I guess I had another miscalculation. I can't believe I forgot that those two always patroled in this part of the-"

He was immediately cut off from his own words the very moment he felt something soft pressed against the left side of his chest. Looking down to see, his face then slowly turned into glowing red when he realized that it was practically Krishna's small pale hand.

Letting out a quick yelp and stumbling back a few feet away from the girl, he stuttered through the fluster he was now feeling "K-Krishna! W-What are you doing th-this time?!"

Your. Chest. Was. Raising. An. Unusual. Pace.,. Why?

Understanding her honestly caught him off guard, he knew that she was talking about the moment when they were hiding from the two older men earlier. Feeling slightly nervous all of a sudden, he subconsciously placed one hand on his arm and began rubbing it as an attempt to soothe himself from the building anxiety perbaps.

"I...I...I was just...uhhh..." Taking in a deep breath and letting it all out, he managed to speak normally this time "I was afraid that they might find you. I honestly didn't mind at all if I get caught. But you, with the basket out of our reach, who knows what will happen if they found out about you. All of the things we have done tonight would've been all for nothing. And the worst part is that you're going to miss the surprise Ashura and I have been meaning to show you."

She tilted her head to the side a bit, signifying how clueless she was on the topic. But upon feeling the deep sadness in the males's voice, that very emotion had seemingly found it's way to her as well. But the sad expression on her face soon disappeared into a sweet one as she grab on to both of his hands, catching his attention.

She then let go of them to handsign the following:

Then. What. Are. You. Waiting. For.?. We. Already. Came. This. Far... Now.,. Show. Me. This. Something. Cool. Thing...

Thankfully, this made the boy feel a bit lighter and finally made him let out a chuckle.

"Excited are you? Very well then, let's get going. But first, close your eyes" he smirked, earning a confused look from the girl. "It's a surprise, isn't it?"

Suspiciously starring at his damn handsome wink with an arched eyebrow, she looked to be pouting through her bandages but slightly nodded in agreement with a hum and gently closed her eyelids. Smiling to himself, he then took a hold of the girl's hand and interlocking their fingers to make sure none of them will ever let go. And with that, he lightly pulled the girl and began leading her towards whatever surprise he was dying to show her tonight.

"We're almost there, Krishna! No peeking, alright?"

She simply replied to him with a single hum. After a few minutes of walking through the dense forest, over rocks, root arches and ducking under low branches, the pair then eventually stepped out into a clearing.

"Okay, Krishna! You can open your eyes now!"

Slowly unfolding her eyelids and raising her head to see, her white orbs then suddenly widened and began to sparkle and glitter as she felt her breath being taken away. Because the very sight before her perfectly describes the word of breath-taking. From the large full glowing moon floating above the tall mountains and surrounded by thousands upon thousands of glittering stars, it's brightly lit image of the starry heavens above reflected upon the crystal clear lake below it.