Chapter 42: The Boy In White And The Beast

Now speeding through the heavily forested area, the bear hurriedly ran in all fours, but was very careful not to let the children fall off his large back. That's until, the enormous mammal felt this sharp pain on his left hind leg, causing him to tumble down and fall to the ground. This also sent the three kids tumbling off his back and rolling into the dirt.

As soon as the bear came to, he deeply growled out in pain and twisted his head a bit to see what on earth had tripped him and caused his leg this immense pain he was now feeling. Only to be filled with shock the moment his eyes landed on a large bear trap, it's sharp metallic teeth chomped down on his skin, hard enough for pain and blood seeping out of it.

"Oh no, are you alright?!" He heard one of the human boys, the older one he presumed asked in worrisome.

That's when the boy noticed the metallic object on the bear's hind paw.

"Here, let me help you out of there!"

Right when he was about to reach out and release the bear from the trap, that's when...

"No, don't touch it, human child!"

Hearing this actually startled said boy and abruptly stop in his actions.

"This trap is no ordinary trap you humans use to catch the scavenging rodents that steal your garbage. This trap is specially made for creatures like me. If it's dangerous for me, then it's twice as extremely as fatal for you humans."

That's when it hit him.

"Wait a minute! You mean, there are others who knows you guys exist?!"

"Exactly, that's why you should take the Princess and hurry back to your village before it's too late."

"But what about you?!"

"I'll fend them off as much as I can while you three make your escape!"

"You're injured and you're literally caught in a trap, I don't think you can-"

"Listen here, human boy! I made a vow to put my life on the line to protect the princess and so did the others! We just found the princess and we cannot risk loosing her!"

That's when suddenly, the booming sounds of that very same howl they heard earlier echoed all around for them to hear.

"Please, human child! These ones are just as the same as you, they wish to seek all the answers to every mystery of this world. However, unlike you, these ones would stop nothing to get the answers they want. And if something or someone stands in their way, they are directly sent to hell on the spot. And if they ever find the princess and find out that you humans are now aware of the existence if our kind, you're done for!"

"What?! Why?! What is going on here?!"

As some sort off odd form of response, the loud ruffling noises of the trees were heard. But what had actually made all their eyes widened in horror was when they heard those very noises grew louder and louder, closer rather.

"There's not much time! Get out of here while you still can, human child! I knew I was a dead bear before I even stepped into this trap to begin with! Just please, take the princess and run already!"

Indra opened his mouth and was about to say something, only to immediately close it, seeing the point in the bear's words. Sucking in a deep breath, he tried his very best to put on a brave face as he nodded in response to the bear. Spinning away from the large mammal, he then quickly grabbed on to both his brother's wrist and the girl's, her other arm still holding on to the confused little pup.

Afterwards, he then pushed his heels to a sprint and began running, dragging them both along with him.

"Hey, smaller human child!"