Chapter 6: A Lesson Of Emotions

From the other side of the now open door, Indra's dark eyes instantly widened as shock and fear had enveloped his entire body. Turning him cold and stiff as he anxiously waited on what was about to happen next.

Having the slightest bit if control over his body, he abruptly bent it into a bowing position and yelped in a panicking tone "I-I'm so sorry! I...I deeply apologize for disturbing you at this late hour in the evening. But I-"

He immediately cut his words off when he sharply inhaled a quick breath as soon as his eyes were met with the supposed girl from the day before. The big difference however was that her white veil was no longer obscuring her face, allowing the boy to now study and take in her full appearance. The boy had the right to be this shocked though.

Although, what shocked him the most was the girl's features itself. The young girl had pale white skin with delicate facial features and long sweeping silver hair. She also possessed white clear eyes and her eyebrows were cut very short and round.

But most noticeable and surprisingly, she had two small brown horn protrusions that stuck out from her head. She was as well wearing the same white kimono he saw her wore when she first came here though. But the strange part of her attire were actually the multiple bandages wrapped around her mouth, which he was able to notice upon first meeting, and the same goes for her forehead.

Despite the fact she looked obviously weird and peculiar, there was one word Indra couldn't help but perfectly describe the girl.

She's...She's Adorable! He thought as he starred like a dunce at her, both of his cheeks were flushed a bright pink.

Her clear blank eyes immensely starred at his very own. And despite how dead her expression looks to be, it honestly seems as though she was patiently waiting for him to say something. It was as if she knew he was going to come.

Finally waking up from his daze, Indra then squeezed his eyes shut, violently shook his head and lowered it into a bow before the girl once again.

"G-Good evening! As I was saying, I deeply apologize for disturbing you this late. But I seem to have lost something and it so happens to have-"

It was like she had red his mind once more when she interrupted him by hanging him what looks to be a familiar thin book that he just lost moments ago. This indeed made him shot up from his bending position, delight was clear from within his facial features.

"You found it!" He exclaimed, obviously overjoyed to see that he has finally found his book.

He then raised both his hands and was about to take it from the girl, only to suddenly stop as soon as he took a glimpse of her eyes. The feeling of guilt suddenly hit him when he notices the slightest bit of emotion on her face, her clear white orbs sadly starring down at the book the two now held on to. Despite being unable to see her lips to be certain, which were of course covered by the bandages, he instantly understood why she had that depressing look on her face all of a sudden.

So letting out a deep breath, he formed a soft smile across his lips and gently pushed the book back towards her.

"If you want to borrow it, then you should've said so."

Another hint of emotion could be seen from within the girl's eyes when they widened a bit and starred at the boy as she held the book tightly against her chest.

"I'll just come tomorrow to get it back, OK?" He smiled and slowly began walking backwards. "Or maybe whenever you're finished with it."

And with that, he spun his heels away from her and retraced his steps back up towards the main household. That's when suddenly, he felt something grab his wrist and caused him to stop in his tracks, startling him in the process. Turning his head towards the supposed suspect, just as he had though, it was indeed none other than the pale girl herself.