Chapter 38: More Strange Things To Come

Now slowly making his way home, with his head hung low, young Indra had this deep look on his face as he reminisced within his mind the last echoing words the sudden mysterious voice said to him moments ago before whomever it was, whatever it was rather vanished.

"I'll be watching you, always..."

What's that supposed to mean?

He was awoken back into reality the moment he spotted the familiar walls of his compound home. Right when he was about to take a step on the bridge that was connected from where he was with it, that's when...

"Elder Brother!"

Spinning himself towards the source of the familiar voice, he then found too a familiar brunette boy running in his direction.

"Ashura?"

Realization then hit him when he noticed something odd.

"Wait a sec! Ashura, wasn't Krishna supposed to be with you?!"

"That's the problem, she's gone!"

Eventually, the older male soon spotted a red stain on his little brother's right hand.

"Oh, God! Ashura, you're hand!" Panickingly asked Indra out of worrisome and took said limb to take a closer look at it. "What happened? Where is she?"

"What is going on here?"

Twisting their heads to see, the brunette brothers were soon met with their own father, whom they have presumed to have heard the commotion between them two.

"Ashura, where is Krishna? I was told that she was with you!"

"It's a bit hard to explain. You see, something happened, and I absolutely don't know what, why or how. But she began acting really weird and suddenly ran off. I've been looking for her all afternoon, but I can't find her anywhere!"

The very moment Hagoromo's eyes landed on his youngest son's hand, the large red stain specifically, for some strange reason, his eyes widened a bit. In truth, it was actually not just some ordinary hint of shock, but it too had this look of horror within them. The two soon noticed the terrified look in their parent's eyes, leaving them in a bit of confusion.

"Father?"

Hearing his eldest son's voice seems to have awaken the man and made him look down on his children.

"My apologies! It's just that, when Ashura mentioned that Krishna was acting rather strange, I may have an idea why she is acting so."

Upon hearing this, the brothers then looked at each other with mild dark eyes before turning back and starred at their father, curiosity could be seen from within their young orbs.

"Ashura, this is very important, you must remember carefully. Tell me, did Krishna see your bleeding wound?"

The young boy was left puzzled on why his father was asking such question, but he eventually simply replied "I guess so!"

For some odd reason, the boy's response made Hagoromo heave out a deep breath.

"Why do I always fail to tell the both of you the most important details" he exhaustingly sighed, leaving his two sons into even more bewilderment. "You see, if you mentioned that Krishna has this immense fear of fire, then I failed to inform the both of you that she too has this immense fear of blood."

With shocked looks sticky to both of their faces, both Indra and Ashura then turned their heads and looked at each other once more.

"It all a makes sense now, so that's why she was acting weird and ran away." Lifting his head to meet gazes with his father, Ashura apologized "I had no idea. I'm sorry, Father."